Where to find prefab files?

As the title implies, I can't find all the prefab files.

In Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts - there is a prefabs folder but it looks like some prefabs are missing for example - prefabs for berries, meat or tophat.

I don't know if I'm searching in a wrong place or these files just don't exist. Either way I would appreciate it if someone could help me find these prefabs.

• Like 1

Meat ->  Meats.lua

Berries seem to be in - berrybush.lua

Tophat does not appear to have its own lua but has values in many of the collective lua files.

I recommend using the "find in files" feature of your text editor (notepad++ is great). If you know the name of the item (use wiki) it can find every instance of that item used in every file. Searching this way will get you to the values you are likely looking for.

5 minutes ago, its zea said:

Meat ->  Meats.lua

Berries seem to be in - berrybush.lua

Tophat does not appear to have its own lua but has values in many of the collective lua files.

I recommend using the "find in files" feature of your text editor (notepad++ is great). If you know the name of the item (use wiki) it can find every instance of that item used in every file. Searching this way will get you to the values you are likely looking for.

Oh. So you're saying that not every item has it's own prefab file.

Ok, thanks for clearing that out for me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IThatGuyI said:

Oh. So you're saying that not every item has it's own prefab file.

Ok, thanks for clearing that out for me.

Correct, but every prefab must be defined.

It also may not be so clear using a find where it was defined at, either.

For example, take a look at the chesspieces.lua:

local prefabname = materialid and ("chesspiece_"..PIECES[pieceid].name.."_"..MATERIALS[materialid].name) or ("chesspiece_"..PIECES[pieceid].name)
return Prefab(prefabname, fn, assets, prefabs)

So you may need to delve a bit and think of synonyms to finding the thing you're looking for, and if all else fails then perhaps using the in-game console to inspect whatever you're after.