Royal Flush Achievement and Washroom Bonus

At game release, the Royal Flush achievement was bugged, and would not award. As a lot of you probably know, you don't need sinks to get the Washroom bonus, hand sanitizers are fine, and I had always preferred them. I didn't pay much attention to Royal Flush, assuming when it was fixed it would work off the Washroom bonus. Late in the game, I decided to try a sink in a half full washroom. Got Royal Flush. Didn't watch that closely, but I think it was awarded as soon as the sink was built, even before it was plumbed. That would be consistent with putting an un-plumbed lavatory in a Hospital room and getting the bonus.

5 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

That is correct. The Royal Flush achievement requires you to have at least one sink and at least one lavatory while simultaneously having zero wash basins and zero outhouses.

While this is true, the room description for the Washroom Bonus says lavatories and plumbed sinks required. This isn't correct, as hand sanitizers are fine instead of sinks. Should be the same requirement for Royal Flush.

27 minutes ago, hacksaw12 said:

While this is true, the room description for the Washroom Bonus says lavatories and plumbed sinks required. This isn't correct, as hand sanitizers are fine instead of sinks. Should be the same requirement for Royal Flush.

I've never tried sanitizers for the bathroom bonus.  Here's a screenshot of the requirements, which specifically says "plumbed wash station."

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fac379aee9ad8d9f30f220553d98ed33.png

As for the achievement, here's a screenshot of it completed.  It requires one plumbed sink and one plumbed toilet.

Spoiler

image.png.dbfac79e819e9e3460cdfe80cb0bf115.png

I can tell you from experience, that if you have a non-plumbed sink anywhere in your base, it will not let you get the achievement, even if that sink isn't in a room.  Additionally, if you have any outhouses anywhere in your base -- even if they're inaccessible (morbs, anyone?) -- you will not get the achievement.  If you had, say, 4 outhouses and you build two toilets, then destroy all four outhouses, you'll get a check in "all outhouse upgraded to lavatory," so it doesn't count particular numbers.  It counts "at least one" and stops there -- and it looks specifically for "Outhouse," "Lavatory," "Wash Basin," and "Sink."

I guess you missed my OP, or I wasn't clear enough. I have Royal Flush, as I said. I understand the wash basin/outhouse rule and prohibition. I also quoted the room description calling for a plumbed sink. I've used hand sanitizers for a minimum of 10 colonies. All gave me the washroom bonus. All I really said is this is how it works, and that I thought it would be more appropriate to have the same requirements for the achievement and the room bonus.

Archived