Bottomless Stomach = constant starvation alarms

I have two bottomless stomach dupes and they trigger the starvation alarm two times per cycle.  I don't want to drown them in a puddle =(

I think it happens b/c meal time scales proportionally to number of calories consumed.  Can't they all just have the same meal time regardless of the number of calories consumed?  Constant starvation alarms make it unplayable. 

Most of the time a dupe eats one food item per cycle, while burning 1000 calories in that time. Early game food items have low calorie amounts, like meal lice has 800. This leads to dupes not having time to eat enough; a dupe needs to eat one item then run back to pick another one. One way to fix it is increasing the lenght of the break time. Another is producing higher calorie foods.

Personally i`m getting those alerts for all dupes when using the "hungty" difficulty setting. But after i upgrade food to gristle/fried mushroom it tends to go away.

Archived