Proposed change to bunker doors

So I have a proposed change to the interaction between bunker doors and rockets, let me preface this by saying that in my initial attempt to automate bunker doors for the purposes of rockets I had introduced a filter gate between the rocket's take off automation port in order to account for the time it took for the bunker doors to open assuming they would be broken by the rocket's flight, I designed my second silo in haste forgetting to put in this key piece of automation only to find that the system actually functioned more efficiently than before saving perhaps a half a second of time in the take off process. I realized i had made the game harder for myself than I had to but simultaneously found it quite satisfying to have solved a problem in general that I had expected, due to this I feel it would be appropriate to change the interaction between rockets and bunker doors. I realize that the doors simply breaking under these circumstances means turning off auto repair would effectively make them perfectly convenient, what I want is a nerf, I want the game to be harder. I don't know if the bunker doors should just disappear in a chunk of steel, they could be misplaced by the collision in addition to being broken, there are definitely more elegant and satisfying solutions to my dissatisfaction that i believe would improve the game for everyone ie. make it more challenging.

Broken bunker doors let the meteor shower and sun pass through.

These are the two counterparts of a broken bunker door.

More than that, the game don't work the way you suggest. The only way to make a building dissappear on it's own is to overheating it, so that it melt.

For all other cases, it just take damages.

Well a broken bunker door actually doesn’t let the meteor shower pass through provided it was broken while in the closed state, and unless you’re running solar power very (potentially dangerously) close to your rocket launch facilities than it’s really a non-issue with regards to this topic.

This was a proposed change to the game, I understand that the bunker doors(and buildings overall) do not function the way that I describe. 

What I meant to imply from my post was that I feel by making it necessary to place the piece of automation I describe therein in order to efficiently launch rockets it would improve the game overall.

Archived