Winona Repair Suggestion - Counter-Grief

Hello Klei and Friends,

I’ve thought about a suggestion for countering against griefing for those who like to set bases on fire in public sessions. 

How?
Giving Winona a repair tool/welding tool that can repair burned structures for a quarter of the cost or maybe half the cost of what it would originally be to build that structure. In your inventory you must posses a quarter of/half of what is needed to repair. Example a structure that takes 10 rocks to build would only be 5 rocks to repair and you must have 5 rocks in your inventory to use the tool. 

OR

Give the repair tool/welding tool 100% fuel use that goes down by 5-10% per structure repaired and this can be refuelable by either a new resource (ex: gas) or a pre-existing resource (ex: nitre)

What are your thoughts?

Feel free to add onto this idea or if there are better ways of executing this please post your thoughts:)

"Or there could be a new option in-game that could allow ONLY the host to destroy structures and give only trusted players the ability to destroy structures as well. This would eliminate A LOT of the grief and trolls. Though I do like the thought of Winona being able to weld things back together as it would suit her character so much! :)"

Anytime someone burns my stuff I either 1- Reroll the server back to before they did such a thing and then kick them out the game.

or 2- Destroy burnt structures with Hammer to gather the resources (which you get about half what it costed in making) to Rebuild.

both methods tend to tick off griefers pretty much.

If I was a grief player I would join servers as Woodie and turn into Were-Moose or Werebeaver so I could destroy all the structures on someone’s Base and then gather all the materials from it and turn into Were-Goose and fly over water with it before dropping all the inventory.

A server roll back would nullify this method of trolling.. but it makes 2- on the Anti-Trolling an Impossibility LOL

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Anytime someone burns my stuff I either 1- Reroll the server back to before they did such a thing and then kick them out the game.

or 2- Destroy burnt structures with Hammer to gather the resources (which you get about half what it costed in making) to Rebuild.

both methods tend to tick off griefers pretty much.

If I was a grief player I would join servers as Woodie and turn into Were-Moose or Werebeaver so I could destroy all the structures on someone’s Base and then gather all the materials from it and turn into Were-Goose and fly over water with it before dropping all the inventory.

A server roll back would nullify this method of trolling.. but it makes 2- on the Anti-Trolling an Impossibility LOL

I understand this is another method of griefing for sure but I feel as if most people do it by setting things on fire lol. Not only that but digging up resources and burning them to ashes could be another cruel way of doing it.
I am not always on the surface so re-rolling could be a problem when I am down for 5+ days in the ruins or the caves away from surface base. 

Or there could be a new option in-game that could allow ONLY the host to destroy structures and give only trusted players the ability to destroy structures as well. This would eliminate A LOT of the grief and trolls. Though I do like the thought of Winona being able to weld things back together as it would suit her character so much! :) 

Archived