Performance Patch - you've outdone yourself

So... my kids' computers' ran it smooth as can be. Mine bogged. I added memory, from 16 to 32 GB.  That made a little difference but not enough to justify the ridiculous disassembly my laptop required to put the RAM in.  

Then came the performance patch.  Guys... we're talking night & day here.  Amazing work. I went from jumpy 8 FPS like play to probably 30 FPS now even with a large base.  This is an incredibly creative game.  Well done, folks.  Bravo. 8)

This ranks up there with the best games I've ever played.  And I'm including Atari 2600 in that list... ;)

Just an FYI: Adding more RAM doesn't speed up your computer.   RAM is already the fastest thing in your computer.  The diff you noticed was either placebo or reduction in Virtual memory usage.  Upgrading  the CPU would've been the way to go, as the issue is the thermal physics calculations, which are run CPU side.

I am a communications engineer.  Sometimes RAM can help. It depends on what is going on. CPU is very helpful, but it really depends on the application.  In this case, it did help, but not much.  Everything else sped up a wee bit too.  

Archived