MekaDupes! Concept idea.

Just a random idea. However I thought it would add interesting mid/late game option. Dupe undergoes operation (making doctors and hospital more useful) Special Machine removes dupe head, puts it in a Jar and onto a mechanical body.  Now the dupe is free of burdens of eating, sleep, oxygen.  However they now need to recharge periodically.  The cost of the body would obviously require high end materials and skills.  The dupe is now 3 blocks high (possibly needing special doors?) move fast, doe everything faster and carry more than all but most skilled dupes.  Limitations should be in place, so needs a charge point, needs recovering and charging upon battery flat. Heat tolerance but also conductivity to surrounding (interesting problems of your 700 degree meka dupe wandering into base steaming all the liquid locks and wandering into dining hall for a friendly chat causing the dining hall to melt!).  Obviously needs special cockpit for rocket travel or just cant use them.

So I think this would add an interesting way to increase late game dupe productivity at a tremendous cost and planning to avoid major issues.  However massive benefits with limitations. Amusing gameplay such as dupes running treadmills to power the meka-dupe overlords.  How do you all feel about this?

On 4.10.2019 at 2:26 PM, Jeffski777 said:

Special Machine removes dupe head, puts it in a Jar and onto a mechanical body. 

That`s pretty drastic. What would you do with the jar head? Maybe put on pedestal?

I`d like mechanical dupes but i think the robot route makes more sense. Creating a specific robot dupe that has higher move speed and super high stats in one task (but can do only that task) would be much better. But that`s just me.

9 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

That`s pretty drastic. What would you do with the jar head? Maybe put on pedestal?

I`d like mechanical dupes but i think the robot route makes more sense. Creating a specific robot dupe that has higher move speed and super high stats in one task (but can do only that task) would be much better. But that`s just me.

he says that he wants to put the jar head on mechanical body.

its the dupe body you can put on your pedestal

Archived