Accessing Hamlet from an Old ROG/SW World

I've been doing a lot of research and I still can't figure out how to make this happen.  I have an old ROG/SW world at 2300+ days that I would like to make work with Hamlet, but I have no way to spawn a Skyworthy and I worldhopped in my Shipwrecked world and it still did not spawn with the basket that I need to break to make one. 

Is there any way to do this where I don't lose my character? I don't want to lose my day count or my Willow.

You cant make old ROG/SW saves Hamlet compatible ingame, unfortunately. You CAN do it however by arranging the game files in such a way that the link between your SW and ROG world gets undone (turning them into two seperate worlds).and then creating a new Hamlet world which you can use to linke the now unlinked ROG and SW world together. Details on how this is done here

This method does allow you to effectively add Hamlet compatibility to any old world.

There are a few things to keep in mind though:

- Because you can only link the ROG and SW worlds from the new Hamlet world, this means that the character you choose for the Hamlet world will be the one you will end up with (your old character in the SW and ROG world dies and leaves behind a grave where he was located). 

- This also means that your character will only know the crafting recipes that you learned in your Hamlet world, so a bit of relearning recipes will be needed after you merge all 3 worlds.

- Your daycount on the pause screen does reset, because you technically play as a new character, but the day count on the clock in the top right corner DOESNT reset because that counter only counts the days each world has existed rather than the number of days that you survived.

Thanks so much for the reply!  That link helped so much. I was able to unlink them and since my mega base is in ROG anyway I didn't bother relinking it to SW or the new Hamlet, I just jumped to a new world and was able to keep my original Willow!  And its still compatible with Hamlet because I found the balloon in the new SW world I jumped to! Thanks so much!

Archived