Item Mod Template/Base?

Is there any sort of completely barebones template mod for a functionless item because I'm having no problem coding the "(item).lua" thats in the prefabs folder but im having alot of trouble wrapping my head around actually setting up the mod itself.

Edited by LordNiggle

Yes actually!

Here is a set of sample mods that I once used to get me started when I was first learning to mod this game.

Hopefully these are still up to date, because that was many years ago. But I have reason to believe the item prefab template should still work fine, because I haven't needed to update my item prefab since I released my mod

EDIT: Oh hold up, I just realized I'm in the DST forums instead of vanilla Don't Starve. hopefully these still work roughly the same

Edited by pickleplayer

7 hours ago, pickleplayer said:

Yes actually!

Here is a set of sample mods that I once used to get me started when I was first learning to mod this game.

Hopefully these are still up to date, because that was many years ago. But I have reason to believe the item prefab template should still work fine, because I haven't needed to update my item prefab since I released my mod

EDIT: Oh hold up, I just realized I'm in the DST forums instead of vanilla Don't Starve. hopefully these still work roughly the same

im fairly certain that's the oldhead mod from like 2013 and im fairly certain that one doesnt work with modern dst