QoL suggestions

Hello there! Dunno if it's a correct place to post it. Didn't try to mod the game yet, but have some ideas to be modded/implemented. Yep, I know everybody has ideas (so they usually cost nothing), but i'll leave mine here anyway, because I don't want to forget it. =)

Here: Normally opened (NO) and normally closed (NC) - default signals. Opened is red (no contact), closed is green (contacted and sends signal).

Automation:

1. Power Sensor. Switches signal if power input state changes: powered or not powered (a power line has Js to be spent by electrical consumers). Optional: can be NO/NC.
  2. Light Sensor. Switches signal if light state changes (based on tile illumination). Optional: can be NO/NC. Optional: adjustable light sensitivity (in luxes).
  3. Conveyor Material Detector. Switches signal if a defined item is in the detector's cell on conveyor (like gas or liquid sensors). Optional: can be NO/NC.
  4. Conveyor Temperature Sensor. Works just like the ones for gasses/liquids.
  5. Laser Wire. Two devices: transmitter and receiver. Transmitter has input port (and optionally should be powered to work) and sends laser beam in a certain direction (i.e. rotatable). Receiver has output port and switches signal if transmitter's laser beam can hit it (no solid blocks on its way: closed doors, regolith blocks etc). The mechanics of the laser beam looks like ONI space light mechanics, I suppose, and can use blocks transparency: several windows or tiles of water can absorb the beam entirely... Great tool for using as level meter, regolith-obstruction detector, distant wireless connector etc.

To be continued...

1. Check out this topic, it has info on what can be converted from power to automation.

Spoiler

2. That would be useful for shine bug reactors and solar panels, but ususally other automations can get get you the same outcome of whatever goal you have in mind. Still a good idea though.

3. Conveyor Rail Filter mod by Cairath

4. Made by Lifegrow

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.42c32846d8e37698e6acec4434bc752e.png

image.thumb.png.11bb4e92c823754a018678ee8e0a33d1.png

image.thumb.png.b3b5061afd7ddf707f13da1c61b977ca.png

5. Mechanics don't work like this in the game as far as i know. The calculations this would have to make would be too immense imo.

First of all thanks for you feedback, BLACKBERREST3.

4 hours ago, BLACKBERREST3 said:

1. Check out this topic

I saw this topic. The idea was to use power sensor to make Jumbos smart. And yes i know there's a setup of smart batteries and automation to make Jumbos smart. :)

2. The idea is to use it as regolith obstacles detector, if #5 (laser sensor) is not implementable. No light - the sky is closed by regolith from a meteorite, so autominers should keep on working. I know they don't consume power when idling, but in my space setup is another way of using them.

3. Conveyor Rail Filter mod by Cairath

Yep i saw this one too. But I'd like to see it in vanilla. I believe the more similar suggestions are brought the bigger chance to see a thing implemented. Maybe I'm naive. :)

4. Made by Lifegrow

I made up and use the similar design for a long time. But it just shows averaged temperature, not exact. The point for me is to send hot items to a steam chamber. Cool ones will just steal energy from steam.

Archived