The Autoclave

I would love to see an autoclave added. The idea of this would primarily be used for killing waterborne microbes (a.k.a. germs) in your reserve of various liquids using high pressure and steam, but perhaps it could also serve to kill germs on various items as well.

I know you can just place a liquid heating unit in your reservoir, but I believe having this as an available option would be nifty in Oxygen Not Included!

We could use a machine to clean water but i think chlorine would make more sense for that or even oxygen (as O3). It could either be a machine you put under water or something you need to pump water through to clean it.

As for cleaning items there is the ore scrubber that doesn`t work too good. An autoclave that uses conveyor input would be much better.

Currently there`s also a pretty weird mechanic causing germs in liquids to interact with gasses when put in a liquid reservoir. This makes them die if there is chlorine around the building. There are a few designs using this floating around the forum.

On 20.09.2019 at 5:50 PM, Sasza22 said:

We could use a machine to clean water but i think chlorine would make more sense for that or even oxygen (as O3). It could either be a machine you put under water or something you need to pump water through to clean it.

As for cleaning items there is the ore scrubber that doesn`t work too good. An autoclave that uses conveyor input would be much better.

Currently there`s also a pretty weird mechanic causing germs in liquids to interact with gasses when put in a liquid reservoir. This makes them die if there is chlorine around the building. There are a few designs using this floating around the forum.

We don't have an autoclave, so leave  the interaction of reservoired/tanked germed mediums with chlorine alone. :)

18 hours ago, fox_kirya said:

We don't have an autoclave, so leave  the interaction of reservoired/tanked germed mediums with chlorine alone. :)

I never said i want to change it. I just mean it`s kind of non obvious.

Actually we can make our own autoclave using conveyor rails moving through a room full of hot steam or chlorine. If the rails are long enough all the germs will die before the stuff reaches the receptacle.

Archived