The Woodie rework

I WONT BE GOING OVER THE CHANGES THAT WERE MADE, just my thoughts about them. 

Woodie may seem weak at the moment, but numbers can be tweaked at any time. His different forms should be used in different situations and that makes him a descent all-rounder for a team (but yeah, he NEEDS some QOF changes)

Here is a list of thing that i like about him:
-he now can without gather logs without worrying about transforming (he's not a maxwell, but he's up there)
-the nighvision in all the forms are pretty nice

-I like that you can't stay in the forms forever (otherwise it would be op), and i like the way Klei does it, but i feel it could be a little longer.

-the werebeaver form is the best for gathering recourses, not only logs (but again, hes not a Maxwell)

-his goose form is really good at exploring the edges of the map, but more importantly relocating objects* (like the logs he chopped as a werebeaver)(again, hes not a WX-78, but hes up there). I just feel it would only be appropriate that the goose could swim across some small chasms.

-his moose form would be pretty good for combat, but the charge should do more dmg a hit. The charge deals spalsh dmg, so yeah... spiders... (Again, he ain't a wolfgang, but he aint too shabby either)

*Notice, that he doesn't lose the items in the inventory. So as a precaution, you can pack some meatballs before you transform Dst is all about planning, you know

Edit:Thanks for your honest replies.

The thing that got pointed out, and now thinking about it, i agree - he needs a way to help deal with the massive sanity loss. And 5 sanity per pinecone seemed to have worked wonders before.

I really like the direction Klei is heading, they just need to fix some initial issues, tweak some numbers.

10 minutes ago, thomas4845 said:

this is an unpopular opinion i'm guessing 

Not just an unpopular opinion, but not one that makes any sense.

There’s way too many of these kind of posts (ill informed praise) and I don’t want to nitpick a wall of text so I’ll focus on a few glaring issues.

1) Please don’t promote Beard777 videos.  I don’t know if we’re allowed to discuss youtuber ethics but he isn’t someone we should support.

2) “goose form is useful for exploring edges of the map”

No, goose form is terrible for that.  You’re paying all your hunger, 30 health, and 50-80 sanity plus the idol cost for a minute or two of speed during which you can’t pick any resources.  Since it can’t pick up anything it’s not good for “relocating” resources either.

Werebeaver is barely faster and exponentially more expensive than woodie for trees, and slower + still expensive for all other resources.

Weremoose is great vs weak enemies like spiders everyone can easily handle and weak vs bosses and moderate to tough enemies because he is slow and can’t heal.

Overall Woodie is weaker than before.

I don't know how you can think that the goose is good at exploring. The duration for the cost is absolutely horrible.

And as another poster stated, his tree chopping ability has become expensive as opposed to just costing some sanity that you could easily get back by planting pinecones, which now gives you no sanity. This is a nerf; previously you could happily waste sanity on Woodie provided you had a stack of pinecones which was a pretty simple collection to build. Now the poor Canuck looks at wormholes with a sense of dread.

Are we not paying attention to the fact OP said numbers can be tweaked. Numbers as in the number of sanity/health/hunger cost and duration/speed. I agree that at the core the idea to give Woodie seperate forms that he can willingly transform into is a good base. Once numbers are readjusted I honestly see no reason to complain anymore.  

6 hours ago, Toros said:

Overall Woodie is weaker than before.

Ok, thanks for pointing it out. I was blinded by the excitement and didn't look at the rework more skeptical. 

But i stand by what i said - woodie would be a decent all-rounder for a team if his forms get some sort grand of number tweaking or some reworking. Because the idea of him having multiple forms is a brilliant one, but the execution is quite poor.

P.s. im new to posting here, still haven't figured the etiquette. Dw, next time i won't promote any videos:)

16 hours ago, Toros said:

Werebeaver is barely faster and exponentially more expensive than woodie for trees, and slower + still expensive for all other resources.

Why a beaver just can't eat logs.

16 hours ago, Toros said:

1) Please don’t promote Beard777 videos.  I don’t know if we’re allowed to discuss youtuber ethics but he isn’t someone we should support.

Is it because of his "claim" attitude.

Archived