Do you usually have a lag problem when join others' servers in DST?

Well, I am not a native speaker, so I don't even know if what I am experiencing can be called "lag". But let call it that way for now.

Recently, I argued with someone on the internet about a lag problem in DST. Basically, I said that DST usually has a lag problem for the people who join others' servers, and he said that I was totally wrong. I explained to him that when I said "lag", I meant a slight delay between actions which can be clearly noticed when you turn Lag Compensation option off. However, with Lag Compensation, You probably won't notice any lag unless you fight some mobs. When you hit a mob and run away, you still get hit even though you are, for sure, far enough and should not get hit. He didn't listen and called me out on his vedio where he hosted his own server, didn't get any lag problem, and said that I was wrong.

So, Do you usually have a lag problem when join others' server? Like I said, when you fight a mob, you still get hit even though ou shouldn't. When you pick a grass tuft, it takes a little bit longer. Or is it just me? Though I am pretty sure that I can play any other online games without this problem.

Note that I am not here to complain about lag problem, I just want to know if it exists.

20 hours ago, POOH_LY said:

Like I said, when you fight a mob, you still get hit even though ou shouldn't. When you pick a grass tuft, it takes a little bit longer. Or is it just me?

Disable Lag Compensation as you mentioned. It's not actually showing you where you are, hence the delay to your actions (also why I say it's a lie.)

This thread shows why. Here's a visual demo as well:

Otherwise, it could be a ping related issue (hit backspace and look at the bottom right to see your ping) or possibly one casued by mods (such as the Display Food Values mod, notorious for infinetpy spawning food when you inspect them, which can bog down your server).

The host's PC specs or internet may also play a role.

Archived