[Tool] Auto-enable all mods

I was having trouble with the mods in my game, every time I started the game all mods had been disabled.

I guess some mod made the game crash instead of closing or something but anyhow, since I got tired och manually activating all mods every time I started the game I wrote a little script to do that for me.

Posting it here if someone else gets use of it, if I missed something just post a comment and Ill take a look at it!

https://github.com/emipa606/ONIModEnabler/releases/latest

Since the game sets all mods as disabled when it crashes the file does not contain any info on what mods were enabled/disabled when the script runs. But i guess its possible to write some kind of listener that monitors the file and saves the last state before all mods are disabled.

Ill see what I can do.

I may be wrong here, but there is a "crash count" in the mod-list. If the mod was disabled, the count is still 0. So you could check if the value is 0 or above. If its 0, assume the mod was not active, and so it was not triggered as possible faulty. That way you could ignore that mod, and wont change it to active.

I just make a backup of mods.json by compress it to a rar file. I use this method because it is easier than just plain copy (either you have to delete and rename files, or copy backup from another folder etc..) - so right click, extract here, click yes to replace and done.

Only downside is, if you add new mods (or do any changes), then, suprise suprise, you have to make a new rar file :) .

Or, I started to use Notepad++ and if ONI disable all mods, he just asks if I want to update the file, if I click no then I just click save and it is in the state before launching ONI.

But do not think I say by this that your effort in making this script is for nothing - quite the opposite, I just added other options to do it the other ways/yourself :) . I think that a lot of people, who just "dont uderstand computers/OS in general that well" will find this usefull (click this - profit :D ).

I just use a bat file I made...it's one line and I just placed it in the same folder as the mods.json file is.  I then just made a shortcut on the desktop that I click on before I open the game.

powershell -Command "(gc mods.json) -replace 'false', 'true' | Out-File -encoding ASCII mods.json"

Archived