Just a few suggestions.

What's up people

I've been playing Hamlet for some time, and I think I might have a few suggestions that could help improving the game. Or maybe they are crap, Who knows !

1. Buff Ancient Herald

Before swearing at me after seeing the title, hear me out ! Ancient Herald at first glance, looks like an unbeatable devil and there is no way to defeat him unless using living artifact. But no !! He is actually really easy to take care of. First, he has low hp and damage compared to other bosses, which is why he summons minions to help him out. But the thing is , he can damage his own minions ! That's right. All you gotta do , is running around him and baiting the attacks out of him to kill his minions, and then keep hitting him.It only takes 30 hits with dark sword. At the end, you will have his loot, and the loot from his minions which he killed himself !! Lots of nightmare fuels, and a crap ton of frog legs which can be turned into eggs. The thing is , you may need a stalking stick to easily kite his attacks and outrun his minions, which is really simple to make. So how to fix this? Simple. Just make his attacks only effective on player. Even that way, the only problem will be the nightmare creatures, because frogs and ghosts will get distracted by each other. Also I think it would be nice if we were able to refuel vortex cloak with dark tatters. Because I killed a few heralds after the first one, and I can't do anything with them !

And also, can we talk about the vortex cloak? It prevents any sort of stun lock , even if it has no durability ! So wearing it at 0 durability instead of backpack , could be too powerful I guess. Just make it prevent stun lock only when it is fueled.

2. Buff Queen Womant

I guess a lot of people know about this now, but queen womant is so easy to kill ! Since you are able to lure the warrior mants to the backside of her throne, and they get stuck in there. Then you can easily tank the queen.If the queen attacks herself, or spawns more mants even if the previous ones are still alive, that would make a better challenge. Seriously, it has the same precious drop as bee queen, but it takes 10 times less effort to kill womant !

3. The trade glitch

I don't know if anybody else has encountered this, but if you try trading a massive amount of anything to anyone (like trading hedge clippings to the crazy lady with clipping fetish, or feeding a lot of meat to a bird) it has a change to get a glitch and you won't be able to trade the rest of items until you move a little bit. You might say , it's not that bad ! But considering the fact that you may wanna trade like 300 clippings at once , and how often if happens specially if you click to trade so fast, it can be so frustrating !

4. Platapine quills are garbage ! 

Platapine quills can be used for crafting bird whistle, but I don't think anybody needs 50 bird whistles ! Considering the fact that cooked lotus flower is a pretty good sanity source, you may spend some time gathering them along with reeds. But platapines spawn too often , and each drops a lot of quills which most of it will remain useless ... So, can we get some kind of other uses for them beside the whistle? Maybe some kind of armor or trap or dart... Just something ! 

5. Nerf WX-78

Seriously , WX is the true king of hamlet. You can deal with scorpions with no fear of their venom, you can get gears at fairly low price (10 oincs) and the best part, is you can charge yourself on will ! Not only he gets full healed by getting close to the thunderbirds, but the light from overload is really sufficient in cave and ruins, the movement speed is enough to outrun and kite everything in game, and the duration stacks up ! When aporkalypse begins, thunderbirds shoot 10 lightnings , which means you can stack charge for an eternity. It is day 200 in my world with WX and I still have the charge ! And whenever I need to recharge or gain some health, thunderbirds will be happy to help. Not to mention his other perk which is gaining all benefits of food until the last second before spoilage. SOOO , how to nerf this down a bit ? Maybe putting a cap for stacking the charge, like 10 days maximum. And also the fact that thunderbirds strike 10 times during aporkalipse is nuts !

6. Criminals are not treated as they should be

Have you tried stealing stuff from the pig city? Of course yes ! Because you may only provoke a few guards, which can be killed to end the crime. You steal your items, like picking berries from bushes, then kill the guard that witnessed you, which is really easy because their kite pattern is easy, take his loot which is quite useful, and everyone is happy ! But wait, there is more. You can attack anyone in the town, and they will still trade with you ! So you will be able to live a life of an outlaw, and it can prove to be more profitable than normal life. So, how to prevent this ? First, it would make more sense if the entire city would turn against you if you ever did a crime, so you will be more careful next time ! And that would give the swashy hat a decent value. If you also happen to commit a crime by mistake, you shouldn't be able to compensate it with only 10 oincs ! It is too low, allowing the player to do a lot of crimes and get away with it too easily. Honestly , the pig society should have stricter laws. 

7. There is not enough challenge currently

I love how don't starve (and specially DST) is filled with challenges. The best ones are actually the ones that you can't avoid, so it makes you do something about it and be careful all the time. You can't avoid hounds and depth worms, so you need to set up a defense. You can't avoid bats coming out of caves, so you need to put a bunny house near the cave entrance. You can't avoid seasonal bosses, and you will most likely need their drops to prepare for next season. RoG is filled with challenges that you can't just ignore ! You need to do something about them. In hamlet , the only challenge is the hay fever. All the creatures can be easily avoided, bats are too weak and guards in the towns will always help you with them, and also the aporkalypse is easily avoidable ! Even if you don't cancel it, the worst challenge in it is the huge swarms of bats which is literally 0 problem due to existance of something called FLYTRAP. Because ancient herald is not aggressive towards the player. We do need more challenge, some rewards for building a society other than getting taxes, and something to make us think about surviving !

Now don't get me wrong. Hamlet is absolutely beautiful. The music, sound effects of the creatures, the new interior system, they are all really magnificent. I actually started smiling like an idiot the first time I saw a frog going into the water and swimming ! Since we never knew that could happen.The way things are in this DLC are so satisfying ... But that's the problem ! It increases our expectations, and we crave it to be better and better. So let it be better !

Ok that's all I have to say... for now. You may not agree with me in all of the cases ( which is fair, because I am known as a psychopath among my friends) so lemme know what you think !

On 29.08.2019 at 6:37 PM, Omid.R.G said:

5. Nerf WX-78

Seriously , WX is the true king of hamlet. You can deal with scorpions with no fear of their venom, you can get gears at fairly low price (10 oincs) and the best part, is you can charge yourself on will ! Not only he gets full healed by getting close to the thunderbirds, but the light from overload is really sufficient in cave and ruins, the movement speed is enough to outrun and kite everything in game, and the duration stacks up ! When aporkalypse begins, thunderbirds shoot 10 lightnings , which means you can stack charge for an eternity. It is day 200 in my world with WX and I still have the charge ! And whenever I need to recharge or gain some health, thunderbirds will be happy to help. Not to mention his other perk which is gaining all benefits of food until the last second before spoilage. SOOO , how to nerf this down a bit ? Maybe putting a cap for stacking the charge, like 10 days maximum. And also the fact that thunderbirds strike 10 times during aporkalipse is nuts !

Only acceptable way by me to nerf robot is make a very hard time in pig town for him. Pigs will be distrustful for him and will treat him like outcast and despised item(whose according them should be just tool). Pigs does will unwillingly pay a half of wages for him works and will require 3x more price for wares in shops(4x of price for gears). Guards will be annoyed about WX-78 and sometimes someone of them even might attack him for  mere presence or if robot will stay too close some of them.

Here are my two cents concerning your thoughts:

On 29/08/2019 at 6:37 PM, Omid.R.G said:

1. Buff Ancient Herald

I definitely agree. I used to be scared of this guy until I realize he was very weak. However I think he is hard to balance because of the amount of creatures he spawns

2. Buff Queen Womant

I don't quite agree on this one. I think the Queen Womant is a pain (a pain to reach and a pain to kill due to the fixed location) and its loot is not that valuable especially when you connect hamlet to rog and shipwrecked where is it really easy to get the same blueprint.

3. The trade glitch

It's a problem that is not specific to trading. It is the same with giving gold to pig king or stuff to birds. Unfortunately, this issue has never been addressed although it is definitely annoying.

4. Platapine quills are garbage

I have mixed feelings about this statement. While I agree that the loot is not that useful, I also have to point out that all loot cannot be extra useful. It's like stingers from bees or flints past early game. Some loot just happens to be useless at some point, that's it.

5. Nerf WX-78

I definitely agree. All you have to do with WX is try and get supercharged on day 1, which is ridiculously easy. Then, find the teleportato, kill the creature and get free 6 gears, and you're set for a free and easy hamlet experience. However, I don't know if it is an issue. This is singleplayer and I don't really see the problem that some characters are strongers than others, or more noob friendly (looking at you, wig players :D )

6. Criminals are not treated as they should be

The problem is, misclicks happen and if everyone turns against you if you pick a single flower from a set, this is kinda overreacted. To address the matter, there should be a criminal stat, a bit like naughtiness, which would increase when you act as criminal and decrease slowly as time goes. The reaction of the town inhabitants could depend on that new stat.

7. There is not enough challenge currently

The challenges in Hamlet are different from the ones in other single player games. You have to look for them, they don't quite come at you, except for the aporkalypse, which you can postpone. They are present, but are different.

Archived