Lunar Island Journey and Is It Worth It?

I am surprised noone mentioned the sanity replacement - Enlightenment. It is worth it just for the "sanity gain". Are you going to find a boss and want to fill your sanity quickly? Travel to the island, stand by the Celestial fissure until you have a 100 Enlightenment then get hit by those sleepy ghosts and tada you have full sanity. Maybe you could even spawn Deerclops there, which would be pretty nice since the biggest problems i have with him is the sanity drain and that he spawns at night - both of which are pretty much non existent on Lunar island (Celestial fissures are non-destroyable - great source of light when fighting at night).

Few tips when traveling there and making base:
1) bring a lot of Nitre for the Bath bombs
2) bring normal spider dens - easy source of monster meat and silk - both very valuable there
3) bring grass and maybe even some fertilizer (though the moon tree flowers should do just fine)
4) maybe bring berry bushes?
5) Build your base near the closest edge of the island, take your time bringing Celestial altar pieces there for quick acces to the crafting tab
6) Don't bring the glass to normal island, since it's useless there, but ..
7) definitely bring the Stone fruit bush for the greatest bush in the game (grows quickly; grows in winter; source of not only food, but ROCKS! (also much quicker then boulders and what not); a source of great filler food, PLUS a chance to get seeds to grow more of them!)
8) and definitely bring some moon moths to grow the moon trees - they give more wood then normal trees and moon moth wings are great sanity food.
9) On the way home tak as many glass cutters and glass axes as you can - very useful with very low durability - it's going to perish very quicly

Another point i didn't find here - easy, although not very frequent source of blue and red gems.

And yet another point i didn't find here - It's worth it jujst for the fund and new, interesting mechanics (Travel through the sea, Salamanders, stone fruit bushes, Enlightenment, The Horror hounds, Unlimited light, and who knows what else will be added).

also one side note - playing Wortox is very good choice for Lunar island for reasons like:
1) He can quicly map the edges of the spawn Island
2) He doesn't need many boats for the boat bridge to the IslandĀ  and thus has very quick acces to it
3) The negative sanity effect when eating souls is actually desirable on the island, so he can basically live there if he gets some winter and summer gear.

Summary: Lunar island is pretty much safe, with interesting mechanics, a ton of easily accessed and renewable resources, and two very valuable and very cheap craftables. The journey there is quick once you find it so i advice, take the position of the Island into account when deciding where to build a base and pay it a visit from time to time.

Archived