How do you like the idea of expanding opportunities with energy?

I would like to suggest adding a new supervoltaic wire, which at a time will irritate up to 4000 watts. I know this cheating, but how about what would make a structure of 200 KG of purified metal, and the ability to lay behind the cell. How do you like this idea?

Since heavy wire masses 100 kg/m, 200 kg/m would probably produce a busbar with current capacity higher than heavy wire. I think the way to balance that would be that since it's uninsulated, other wire can't run next to it or bridge over it - any adjacent wire is forced to connect. On the other hand, positive decor, because shiny.

Seriously, though, wire material should have an effect on current capacity. Copper is excellent, gold and aluminium are quite good, iron and tungsten are passable, niobium, steel, and lead are weak.

Niobium-tin wire is quite possibly the best high-current stuff out there, but we don't have tin in the game, and it has to be kept at 10 K or lower to carry massive current. That's what you'll find in the windings of MRI machines.

4 kW wires should be a thing. They were suggested many times as well. But imo instead of them having a higher metal cost they should rather use other materials as well. Like plastic. Make them insulated wires with some plastic and it`s both higher tech and more expensive.

Archived