So I was thinking about how set bonuses could be fit into the game to add more uniqueness and require you to put some thought in what equipment you're using. The best thing we have right now to equipment customization is marble armor = tanking, log suits = kiting, nightmare armor = i'm already insane so what the heck etc.

What if using different combinations of equipment gave you bonuses. So for example, using the Thulecite Crown, Thulecite Suit and a Thulecite Club all at the same time gave you a little radiation of light (or a darkness-light kind of like the night-light). The bonuses could obviously be more or less extreme, I'm just thinking off the top of my head and I'm trying to encourage discussion.

It also doesn't have to be for combat purposes only... what if equipping a grass suit and a straw hat simultaneously camouflaged you from grass geckos so you can ambush them (or something else like clip their tail). This example in particular would give players incentive to use the grass suit and straw hat more often. I don't think I've ever seen anybody use a grass suit unless they're rushing clockworks on day 2 and don't want to wait for a science machine (or wicker) to craft a log suit, same for straw hat.

Now this is going to be hard to balance and definitely needs to be well-thought out, but it can add a lot of strategy to play styles and team play. It's also nice to add more customisation. Wolf might actually have to think about which weapon to use rather than just stock-piling 50+ dark swords

P.S forgot to mention that there are obviously some problems with this, the biggest one being that there isn't an equipment counterpart for every item (no nightmare helmet to go with the nightmare armor etc... idk how else to word this sorry lol)

Archived