Xenologist

Swampy asteroids, traits, and New trees

Xenologist    1,081

First of all, a swampy asteroid would be fairly challenging/fun (maybe?) It would be full of swamps, germs, slime, thimble reeds, iron ore, and more.

New traits could be Swampy, Rusted, Gold Mine, and Organic Bed.

Swampy would make the asteroid have more swamps, and if it didn't have swamps before, then it would get swamps. Rusted turns alot of the iron ore into rust, add a few more rust biomes, and a rusted asteroid is guaranteed in the starmap. Gold mine adds more gold and gold amalgam, and Organic Bed replaces alot of the area above the oil biome with highly pressurized natural gas, carbon dioxide, slime, algae, phosphorite, sedimentary rock, and near the bottom, fossils and no abbyssalite due to the temperature gradient. 

The new trees would be a rust biome tree which is better at producing lumber at the cost of rust and a bit of ethanol (it should be ethanol positive and only takes 5 cycles to grow domestically and 20 to grow wild. The tree would produce at least 150 kg of lumber per branch, with a constant production of oxygen while consuming 50 kg of rust and 10 kg of ethanol/cycle. Also, (unrelated side idea) algae should be usable in the ethanol distiller.

The second new tree comes from space*, grows a few, isoresin branches. It consumes 20kg of petroleum and 10kg of phosphorite/cycle. Taking 10 cycles to grow domestically, it produces per branch, 100 kg of isoresin, and since it produces 3 branches, it doesn't loose or gain any mass.

*Space means a 10% chance to come from any mission to a planet with isoresin and a biolgical cargo bay attached to the rocket.

• Like 2

metallichydra    1,651

I think the index say's that Pincha Pepper is a vine that grows on jungle trees, so it would be nice if we got a tree on which we can plant Pincha Pepper.

Sasza22    2,103
On 13.08.2019 at 5:56 PM, Xenologist said:

The second new tree comes from space*, grows a few, isoresin branches. It consumes 20kg of petroleum and 10kg of phosphorite/cycle. Taking 10 cycles to grow domestically, it produces per branch, 100 kg of isoresin, and since it produces 3 branches, it doesn't loose or gain any mass.

I like this idea. A tree using petroleum as irrigation. To make it harder make it require a really low temperature (like right above the freezing point of petroleum) and maybe phosphorus instead of phosphorite to give it a purpose other than getting a certain shinbug morph. Or maybe sulfur. This one needs a use as well.