Ice Makers used to dump the ice out. Now they store it?

I put my ice makers on top of mechanised airlocks which I automate to open for a second once a day over my water supply. 

This no longer works because they seem to store the ice instead of dumping it out on the ground in front of them like they used to. 

Is there a way to get the ice out of the ice makers. There doesn’t even seem to be an “empty contents” button. 

I’m guessing I could build ice tempshift plates manually and I assume they’d take the ice from the ice maker storage etc but I’d prefer something less ball-achey. 

1 minute ago, Muggins said:

I put my ice makers on top of mechanised airlocks which I automate to open for a second once a day over my water supply. 

This no longer works because they seem to store the ice instead of dumping it out on the ground in front of them like they used to. 

Is there a way to get the ice out of the ice makers. There doesn’t even seem to be an “empty contents” button. 

I’m guessing I could build ice tempshift plates manually and I assume they’d take the ice from the ice maker storage etc but I’d prefer something less ball-achey. 

i think you could use an auto-sweeper

1 minute ago, metallichydra said:

i think you could use an auto-sweeper

Yes of course. That’s a good idea. Thank you. 

Also. I’ve just noticed that in the ice maker contents menu there’s an “X” next to the “Ice” listing. Clicking on that dumps the ice out in front. It’s a bit faffy but until I get the autosweepers up and running it will have to do. 

Archived