mod idea, slug critter

I cant mod, specially since the game uses unity engine but I truly love the game and i have this crazy idea.

A new critter, a slug, that lives on the rusts biomes, eats small quantities of bleach stone and when brought to the base it would kill germs on touch, on drinking water salt  would produce a salt water morph which filters brine and salt water, with salt crystal on its back, would be fun drawing it. If someone is instered in doing it, it would be nice, i can do the art, im not that good but not terrible either, i think the drecco art spreadsheet as a base would work, not sure how to get that either.

I made this design pretty fast.

image.png.834ccdbef4fdc47b47423f9c0139362a.png

Since i added that tube mouth i think that filtering gases would be a nice perk too, like filtering germings and using them as food and processing them on its back.

That's a pretty cool idea. The hardest part of critters is definitely the art, not the code. The most complicated thing about the code for critters is the state machine that controls their actions (i.e. their brain basically). The tough part about critter art is that you need art for the adult critter + baby critter. Also you need egg art. And finally you need variant art too if you want that. The animation system would require breaking up the critter into a bunch of different moveable parts so it can actually be animated. If you want to look at the drecko sprites, you'll need to unpack the game's resource using a unity asset extractor. Asset studio is an example: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio.

Archived