Experimental Bugs/Feedback

Ran into a couple of things tonight while streaming that I wanted to give some feedback on. One might be a bug but others are of the feedback variety.

So the first one happened as I was coming back from a break today. I did know that an update had been pushed, but I had not downloaded it yet. After I experienced this possible bug I went and downloaded the update for the rest of the night.  You can see how I basically kept going back into the same save file and gaining the 5k+ xp from my run that I ended before my break.

Video Link - Twitch Highlight

^ Above this line happend AFTER the update tonight was released (but I had not downloaded it). Everything BELOW this line happened after I downloaded the update released today. V

The next is feedback for some overlapping triggers on Day 3 and random events that can happen. Not sure if it was intentional, but If there's an orange event on the Grog n'dog (You have to go to these first or they disappear) at the same time you're to go back there for night quest (Retrieving the package from the ship), you'll be forced into the ship quest first and lose out access to the Night market for that night. I do love me some black market grafts, so Idk if this was something that just wasn't noticed or if it was intended to be possible.

This one is a balancing change (I hope). I won't lie, I get a little salty in this video. But is the random Yote encounter balanced as intended? This was at Prestige 1 and you just get overwhelmed. Even on Day 4. It's' not like it was Day 1 and cards are un-evoloved.  The only balance thing that comes to mind for me is to not have EVERY stack of the Yote spit cause a card to be randomized in cost. Even a single card changed can disrupt a strategy in a deck. So maybe let it stack like normal (with a stack going away at the end of turn) but still cause a single random card drawn at the start to be randomized cost. Otherwise it feels like this is just an encounter that's intended to be a run killer. Which for RNG to block you like that just seems like an un-fun mechanic. Especially since you have no way of avoiding this encounter once it pops up (or escaping from it). I guess a second option that comes to mind is maybe only having 1 Spitting yote instead of 2. Either way the damage (IMO) needs a bit balancing as well. Even on the second time I fought them WITH defense cards in my hand the first round, I couldn't do enough to keep myself alive long enough to have a chance.

Edit: Oh yeah, once additional thought. Would it be possible to get a turn counter now that we have Fatigue? That way we can factor that into what cards we're playing to level up each combat.

Edit 2: The official Klei twitter liked this, but putting it here as well for reporting purposes.

The Streamer UI covers up the Vroc HP in combat when there is only Sal & Vroc. Doesn't seem to happen with any other friendly unit.
Twitter Link with In-game screenshot

Archived