World has too much lag -- What can I do besides starting over?

EDIT: So I started a new world and there's waaay too many spiders. More than I've ever seen and they're always set on default limit.

I'd like to save this world ideally, so what can I do to get rid of some of these dens? There's too much lag to do it the old fashioned way (smash), and I tried the code:

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()

...which made the den disappear, but for some reason I saw spiders appear out of where the den was.

Are there better console commands to remove or limit the max amount of spiders/dens? Maybe a command to remove twiggy trees and replace with saplings could help too. Thanks!

---------------------------------------

Hey,  so after I setup my bunny-spider war we've been getting tons of lag. Sometimes we can't even move. We cleared out some spider dens, it helped a bit, but it still lags (even with the bunnies inside during the day).

We have about 20 bunny houses in that one area, and we've had about the same (maybe a bit more) in another world and never experienced this lag. Any idea how to fix this?

I'm also wondering, what are the main factors in PC specs that effect hosting a 2 player world? Thanks!

The amount of things on the ground is usually what causes lag in long lived servers. The amount of RAM on the host determines a general resistance to lag, but in the end if there are too many things on the ground or loaded at the same time on screen, the game will lag, regardles of how powerful the computer is.

The bunny-spider war is a really cool contraption but in order to keep the server alive, it needs to be rather small (5-7 bunnies and just one spider den) and most of the materials on the ground need to be picked up daily, or deleted via console.

Other enemies of your server are:

-Rot

-Twigs

-Bee stingers

- Hound teeth

- Flint

- Large groups of mobs in the same screen, like a huge spider farm, a huge mole farm or triggering hundreds of killer bees at the same time.

Archived