Mini-planters and dupes having favorite plants

Simple: There should be research for mini-planters, which will result in smaller plants, being one tile smaller, slightly more resilient, more pretty, and dupes will like one in their bedroom. The pinchas and dashas are special in that they droop over the planter's rim. and also aren't so picky any longer. The plants produce much less stuff, and this really only applies to the non-decor plants. The plants are also less finicky, and only need a modified seed to grow (Any non-mealwood seed mashed with a mealwood seed will result in a hardier plant that either needs like 1 kilo of dirt or phosphorite per cycle. Also, dupes have a favorite plant native to the asteroid. Salty dupes may like the saltvine. Cool dupes may like sleet wheat. Either way, the plants are more resilient, require less to grow, still produce, and are in general, less productive. Dupes love having their favorite plant miniaturized and as decor. 

*Seeds mashed with mealwood will be turned into two resilient seeds of that type, and all mini-plants work at 50% efficiency, and will produce more mini-seeds over time

*Other research required for seed masher

Summary: dupes get a favorite plant at random and planting it as bonsai in their bedroom will grant extra morale.

Sounds nice at first, but what about plant requirements? Some temperatures aren't that nice for sleeping dupes. Bristle Blossom requires light. Some other plants requires non-breathable gasses. Also I feel sorry for the dupe, who picks sporechid as a favorite bedroom plant.

in my opinion, the favorite plants should be tied to the dupe
like, we already know that turner likes mushrooms.

but i like the idea

16 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Also I feel sorry for the dupe, who picks sporechid as a favorite bedroom plant.

what about the allergic dupe who likes bristle blossom or buddy bud?

also, the dupe who likes mealwood will be sad, since (i think) you cant get mini-mealwoods.

8 hours ago, metallichydra said:

in my opinion, the favorite plants should be tied to the dupe
like, we already know that turner likes mushrooms.

but i like the idea

what about the allergic dupe who likes bristle blossom or buddy bud?

also, the dupe who likes mealwood will be sad, since (i think) you cant get mini-mealwoods.

Remember: Decor plants aren't mixable with the mealwood, they are already too small. Mealwood is just ugly by dupe standards, and the mealwood genes make the plants fast growing, more resilient (The plants will survive different atmospheres and temps, usually that of the usual base) and very bad at producing food or stuff. If it takes 6 domestic mealwood to feed a dupe, then the food produced by the bonsais will be soo much less than usual harvests of the plants. It also solves the waterweed bleach problem because the plants really only consume phosphorite or dirt. This is pretty much a way too complicated solution to a complicated problem. Also, due to light requirements for bedrooms, most (but not all) plants need light in small quantities. But the upside-down plants and dusk caps only need a bit of phosphorite. And there could be a small, bedroom light specifically to classify a bedroom without hurting dusk caps

Archived