Mapgen question for you guys: Are fewer but larger biomes possible?

I'm nowhere near versed enough to find the answer to this myself, but I'm wondering if it's possible to tweak the code so that the number of any given biome appearing in a map is reduced, but those that do appear are bigger?  For example, instead of eight or so smaller slime biomes, the script would instead generate one massive slime biome.

6 hours ago, goboking said:

I'm nowhere near versed enough to find the answer to this myself, but I'm wondering if it's possible to tweak the code so that the number of any given biome appearing in a map is reduced, but those that do appear are bigger?  For example, instead of eight or so smaller slime biomes, the script would instead generate one massive slime biome.

Yes. You'll need to create a custom world gen file

(under your install data, goto the file ending in data, then click streamingdata, worldgen, worlds. You'll see 3 text files with the names of the world presets you see when you create a custom world)

The files are mostly human readable. No external modding tools needed beyond notepad++

note: I am going off memory, filenames might very slightly

The worldgen scripts in general are surprisingly very human readable. 

Archived