Need Help! Cannot launch server!

So earlier today I've asked for help regarding a bug that kept causing server disconnects whenever I tried to plant any seeds. That happened both using farms and using Wormwood's perk. No devs or moderators helped or said anything even though I mentioned we weren't using any mods affecting farms. Well I've made sure to disable the one mod we were using (which was the character mod MUSHA) so perhaps I'm now entitled to some help.

Since the last crash, I cannot even launch our server. Whenever I try to, I get a message saying "Dedicated Server Failed to Start - There was some sort of trouble starting the server. Please try again."

Could anyone please help?

1 hour ago, 515905_1452787397 said:

No devs or moderators helped or said anything even though I mentioned we weren't using any mods affecting farms. Well I've made sure to disable the one mod we were using (which was the character mod MUSHA) so perhaps I'm now entitled to some help.

Did you disable ALL the mods (I mean all of it)? Just because one mod doesn't directly impact farms doesn't mean it can't be the cause of the crash/issue. For example, the Where's My Beefalo mod for some reasons makes it so you can't attack Dfly for some reason. A mod known as My Pet is what one forum user has said (that I can't find) was causing the seed crash for them. Not only that, even the Steam page for said mod has users saying that as well, which is suspect since you said you've had the Musha mod installed.

EDIT: Funny thing is on that steam page, one user fixed the seed crashing issue b/c the mod author has yet to do so, so my suspicions are confirmed that it's the My Pet mod. [Fixed version in question].

If you did disable all the mods and you still run into an issue, provide as much information as you can, cause the many other bug reports did not (Bug #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, and #6, with #6 specifically having a ton of mods enabled, including said My Pet mod and is the only one with a client_log; though a server_log is probably what's needed). The others did not describe if they have mods enabled, if the world was with or without caves, etc. Just that they planted a seed and crashed.

This is how you provide your client_log: 

Spoiler

If you notice a critical error when playing Don't Starve together, close the game (to ensure that the log file gets fully written) and go into your Documents folder at Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ and find "client_log.txt". Include the content of that file in your bug report.

This is for your server_log:

Spoiler

Go to: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\[folders with a bunch of numbers]\cluster#\master and you'll a "server_log.txt" that you can attach. There is also one in the caves folder in said cluster folder. Cluster folders are just the save slot number

Archived