Help with Space Scanner Automation

Hey guys, I am having some problems with the space scanners and the bunker door.

I am not a pro of the automation in particular the "gates", i recently started to learn how the not gat, buffer gate and filter gate works. The others are quite hard to grasp, I mean i understand how they work, i am just having hard time doing a proper setting with them.

I realised that the problem with the space scanner is that the better the network is, the faster it recognize incoming meteors. So other than the NOT GATE to shut the bunker doors, i applied a BUFFER GATE with 90 seconds, as the scanner detect meteors around 160 seconds. The buffer gate is needed because otherwise i would lose a lot of sunlight and in the long run, the power will run out.

Heres the problem, I have 6 scanners and so if Scanner 1 detects the meteors, the buffer gate will do the 90 seconds route, however, scanner number 6 may detects meteors 60 seconds later, and adding 90 seconds more it means i would get a 60 seconds of meteor damage.

I am pretty sure i must use the AND GATE but i don't know how to set all 6 scanners to this AND GATE.

I attached a screen that shows 3 of them, if anyone could help i would be grateful

20ef47d055.jpg

Thanks

You can only connect two inputs to an AND gate. However you can chain AND gates meaning you can make a signal (A and B) and (C and D), which you then feed to another AND gate and you get (A and B and C and D).

However you don't need to do that in this case. There is another "gate", which takes unlimited inputs and that is placing multiple output ports on the same wire. An automation wire is in standby (red) when ALL output ports on it are in standby. The wire becomes active (green) if at least one output port is active.

If you connect all the scanners on the same wire, then the wire will be active when the first scanner detects a meteor.

If you connect all the scanners to a NOT gate each and then connect the outputs of the NOT gates, then the output will go to standby when ALL scanners have detected meteors.

If you aim for closing at the last minute, you likely want to connect the output of the NOT gates and then assume the shortest detect time when you use the buffer gate. Since each scanner has a random detection time, with 6 scanners, you have 6 chances of a late detection, meaning you should be able to get fairly consistent timing despite the time for each being random.

Archived