How to mod an official character?

Hi guys,

I love this game and I love Wormwood too. But the thing is: I think that is harder to find manure in DST than it's in Hamlet and, because of that, I want to modify the recipe of Compost Wrap so it cost 3 Manure instead of 5 (I'm aware that it can make the game be too easy, but I'm a casual player and their health is really annoying).

Not only this, but I want to maybe tweak a little with the way that Rot and the rain afects them.

I tried to find some help on guides and everything, but it's easier to find a guide on "How to make a character from the scratch" than "How to mod an official character". So this forum is my last hope.

Anything that can help will be mostly appreciated.

Well for right now, for basics, go into a random mod you have downloaded (this will simplify things, as this i what i did to start) copy moth the Modmain, and mod info, and scripts folder if they have one, make a new folder paste them in, change the modinfo  to fit you, and make the modmain blank, go into the scripts folder, and delete everything but not the prefabs folder if they have one, if they don't make one, in there you'll be modifying a character, so leave that window open, go back to don't starve together folder, and click databundles, and click scripts, inside scripts you;ll find prefabs, scroll down to "w" look for wormwood, copy or drag and drop his prefab in your prefabs window, open and edit to your liking, I recommend notepad++ if you don't already have it.

Edit: However since you want to modify a recipe, you'll need the recipies.lua in the databundles

Edited by Lokoluna