Plumbing help?

Is it possible to have a main water trunk line with all producers and consumers connected to it? much like the the electrical system. Basically the attached pic is what I had in mind but as you can see there's quite q few problems with it. The bottom right valve isn't getting any water at all and a couple pumps are blocked as well.

Is it just a retarded idea or can it work?

20190615160927_1.jpg

perhaps connect the bridges different. make the flow first to the valves, after the water backs up make a line from the intake off the bridge to the other consumers.

like the overflow from the infinite bathroom.

You have 2 problems here.

You have bidirectional flow, One to the upper left, one to the mid right. So the water can flow to both of this outputs, and therefor there is no straight line, but the packets will bounce. Same goes for the pumps. 

Water can always only flow from an output (pump, sieve, reservoir...) to an input (vent, reservoir, consumer...)

You need to build your water pipe in a way, all providers are at the beginning, and all receivers are at the end.

You can, of course, build a pump somwhere in the middle to add water, but you have to make sure, it can only pump in ONE direction, and there is no possible backflow.

In your example: make it a circle, and make sure the water can always only flow in one direction with bridges. 

12 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

In your example: make it a circle, and make sure the water can always only flow in one direction with bridges. 

That was perfect and exactly what I needed! I was too pre-occupied with making it like an electrical system that I couldn't think of making the whole thing a loop. thank you.

20190615170137_1.jpg

19 minutes ago, Nostas said:

perhaps connect the bridges different. make the flow first to the valves, after the water backs up make a line from the intake off the bridge to the other consumers.

like the overflow from the infinite bathroom.

I thought of that but I wanted backflow of water as well in case the first pump ran empty so overflow wounldn't work. using a loop for the whole thing worked nicely!

Archived