Distinction between "more" and "lots"

I had a few worlds where there are very limited clockwork above ground so I decided to try the "more" setting on world setup. Big Mistake!!!

Holly crab how crazy the world became!!!!!!!! As soon as I step out of the portal I was beamed by 4 clockwork bishops and a clockwork rook started charging at me. I was died before I can say "oh shirt!"

If this is more I scared to think what "lots" would look like. Until I found out they are actually very similar.

Please sometimes we just need few more gears to survive the summer. Not an entire clockwork army chasing us.

Put a distinction between "more" and "lots".

I just wanted to bump in and confirm my gravel with this setting.

Actually, just one tick higher on any setting and the world is suddenly overrun by that prefab.

Not to mention the placement is always random and not in accordance to spawning rules, reeds will start spawning outside of swamps. Trees in the middle of grasslands.

Could we get just a little more fine tuning options?

11 hours ago, Cosheeta said:

I just wanted to bump in and confirm my gravel with this setting.

Actually, just one tick higher on any setting and the world is suddenly overrun by that prefab.

Not to mention the placement is always random and not in accordance to spawning rules, reeds will start spawning outside of swamps. Trees in the middle of grasslands.

Could we get just a little more fine tuning options?

^^This, completely agreed.

"More" should probably mean that "more" of a certain thing spawns within the natural area where it should be, and not everywhere. If you were going to get 2 robots in a couple of setpieces, with "more" you get 3 in each instead. If you were going to get 20 reeds in your swamp, with "more" you should get 30 in your swamp. If you set your beefalos to more, maybe you get one extra herd in whatever biome beefalos spawned. And so on and so forth, not stuff out of place scattered everywhere.

Maybe the world overrun by certain stuff should be part of "lots".

Archived