Mod Request : Varied Colored Icons

I'm not sure if it is possible with the current mod tools to do this...

But I would love to see the "Red" icons that tell you something is needed or queued for a job to be split into differing colors based on importance.

Red should be only for emergency notifications, like broken power cords, damaged machines, full toilets, buried objects, etc
Then there should be orange ones for intermediate warnings, like no filter assigned for storage, no item queued in fabricator/food makers.
Yellow for Anything power related like, no wire attached or no power to run machine.
Green for Jobs you have set for people to do, like sweep or disinfect.

Currently with everything being red, they all kind of blend together, especially if you have a BUNCH of sweep jobs around your base. It makes it hard to pick out the emergency stuff. Honestly I feel this should be base game UI stuff... but. Mods work too.

If I read you correctly, you are talking about the little red icons on buildings for blocked pipe, no pipe and so on. Those are instances of StatusItem. Apparently each contains an instance of a TintedSprite, which in turn contains a color. This means you should be able to change the color by calling:

statusItem.sprite.color = new Color(r, g, b);
// statusItem is the StatusItem instance, which is already in the code
// r, g, b are the floats representing the requested color

Now we just need somebody who will take the time to experiment to see if we can actually alter the color without too much hassle. Maybe a postfix to the StatusItem constructor would do the trick.

Archived