What DS needs are more adventures and structured scenarios

Aalda11

To be clear, I love Shipwrecked. Hamlet isn't bad but I'm on the fence about it so far, mainly because it puts so much emphasis on selling clippings and berries and buying stuff.

Anyway I've always hoped and prayed for more adventures rather than more sandbox modes. I'd love Klei to give us more stuff like the Adventure Mode or some other challenge runs. I feel the game doesn't need more sandbox DLCs like SW and H. If there's still anything to add it's something different from a sandbox mode, something more akin to structured maps or scenarios with goals to meet. That would be literally Christmas for me. Am I alone in this?

Hamlet tries to do that. There are several "quests" to do, such as going to the BFB Island for the egg and scepter, going to the Palace Island to get the city building items, etc. Then there are more optional ones like the Pugalisk and Queen Womant (which there is no reason to do after the first time).

The problem is that they leave several other islands and most of the ruins by the wayside, and are themselves rather devoid of surprise and excitement, being roughly the same each time.

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Hamlet tries to do that. There are several "quests" to do, such as going to the BFB Island for the egg and scepter, going to the Palace Island to get the city building items, etc. Then there are more optional ones like the Pugalisk and Queen Womant (which there is no reason to do after the first time).

The problem is that they leave several other islands and most of the ruins by the wayside, and are themselves rather devoid of surprise and excitement, being roughly the same each time.

Yeah, plus the quests in Hamlet are way too little compared to what I'd like. My idea would be basically take the vanilla Adventure Mode and pump it full of steroids - make it bigger, more complex, more awesome. And make 3 or 4 of those :D  If Klei focused on that instead of trying to make another sandbox mode I think the fans would be happier.

Archived