Wagstaff - Backpack Concept.

Ok, so, first things first, from what i saw, i already love this character.

However, i felt like it needed something that makes him a real inventor.

Then, i also remembered that this game lacks ways to transport more itens, i mean, without creatures such as chester.

So i thought of something that would be perfect for Wagstaff, a "Mechanical Backpack"!

Using:

- A Backpack

- 4 Electrical Doodads

- 6 Gears

You would be able to create a backpack that has 2 auxiliar arms, meaning that you would have 2 extra "hand slots".

These 2 arms don't chop things for you or kill enemies, they'll hold tools, like torches (lighting the way) and items. (I was thinking of an animation where the hands pack the item in a little bag and then hold it, just so it doesn't seems like it's holding nothing.)

Features of the Mechanical Backpack:

(The auxiliar arms would have an animation helping Wagstaff on all action features below)

25% faster tool/item change if you select the item being held by the Mechanical Arms

15% faster overall tool/item change.

15% faster crafting and building animations.

10% slower walking speed

The Backpack has a charge percentage, just like if it was its durability.

When the charge percentage hits 0%, the mechanical arms will stop working, you can still put items on the backpack, but all the buffs above won't be available.

Backpack upgrades!

Can hold only 3 and these are the best part of the backpack:

"Battery Enhancement" - Slower energy depletion! (A large electrical doodad gets attached to the side of the backpack)

- 2 electrical doodads, 6 cut stones, 4 gears

"Frigoback 2000" - Consumes energy faster, but food items stored on the backpack will deplete slower! (Backpack turns into a fridge, but the appearance still somewhat like a backpack)

-  (Edit) 7 gears , 7 cut stones, 2 electrical doodads. 

"Solarback System" - Stores energy to keep the backpack functional when it reaches 0%! (50%) It also makes it so the energy will deplete slower. Only works/stores energy during the day. (A little solar panel pops out of the backpack!)

-  9 gold, 7 cut stones, 3 electrical doodads

Besides the solarback upgrade, you can recharge it with one electrical doodad. Getting struck by lightning overcharges the backpack, deactivating the upgrades for some time but doubling the buffs of the auxiliar arms.

Sorry for this long text!

(Someone, please tell me if ideas are taken into account)

Due to a comment, i realized it's OP, I'll be massively changing some items.

(Already changed, the update includes: Price change, Nerf on all Buffs, debuff added.)

Observation, i noticed something:

To craft the FrigoBack 2000 upgrade you need a fridge, but then i remembered that the fridge doesn't go into the inventory.

But then i thought, just craft it, but don't place it, then you'll be able to craft the backpack upgrade.

Edit: Changing the recipe, a fridge is way too expensive for a backpack upgrade. I'll put ice or maybe gold instead.

On 4/28/2019 at 3:11 PM, Wulfy said:

Ok, so, first things first, from what i saw, i already love this character.

Whoever, i felt like it needed something that makes him a real inventor.

Then, i also remembered that this game lacks ways to transport more itens, i mean, without creatures such as chester.

So i thought of something that would be perfect for Wagstaff, a "Mechanical Backpack"!

Using:

- A Backpack

- 4 Electrical Doodads

- 6 Cut stones

You would be able to create a backpack that has 2 auxiliar arms, meaning that you would have 2 extra "hand slots".

These 2 arms don't chop things for you or kill enemies, they'll hold tools, like torches (lighting the way) and items. (I was thinking of an animation where the hands pack the item in a little bag and then hold it, just so it doesn't seems like it's holding nothing.)

Features of the Mechanical Backpack:

(The auxiliar arms would have an animation helping Wagstaff on all action features below)

40% faster tool/item change if you select the item being held by the Mechanical Arms

20% faster overall tool/item change.

20% faster crafting and building animations.

The Backpack has a charge percentage, just like if it was its durability.

When the charge percentage hits 0%, the mechanical arms will stop working, you can still put items on the backpack, but all the buffs above won't be available.

Backpack upgrades!

Can hold only 3 and these are the best part of the backpack:

"Battery Enhancement" - Slower energy depletion! (A large electrical doodad gets attached to the side of the backpack)

- 2 electrical doodads, 6 cut stones

"Frigoback 2000" - Consumes energy faster, but food items stored on the backpack will deplete slower! (Backpack turns into a fridge, but the appearance still somewhat like a backpack)

-  (Edit) 1 gold , 7 cut stones, 2 electrical doodads. 

"Solarback System" - Stores energy to keep the backpack functional when it reaches 0%! (50%) It also makes it so the energy will deplete slower. Only works/stores energy during the day. (A little solar panel pops out of the backpack!)

- 5 gold, 5 cut stones, 3 electrical doodads

Besides the solarback upgrade, you can recharge it with one electrical doodad. Getting struck by lightning overcharges the backpack, deactivating the upgrades for some time but doubling the buffs of the auxiliar arms.

Sorry for this long text!

(Someone, please tell me if ideas are taken into account)

This is so OP... For real.. 

I think you should add this to the mod section.. Having 2 hand slots would completely change him and I think it's really hard to accomplish in the first place cuz one hand is pretty much mirrored by the other... Unless klei includes different sprites for each hand an animations... 

The updates don't make any sense.. No gears whatsoever... And cheap mats for Super unbalanced benefits 

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

This is so OP... For real.. 

I think you should add this to the mod section.. Having 2 hand slots would completely change him and I think it's really hard to accomplish in the first place cuz one hand is pretty much mirrored by the other... Unless klei includes different sprites for each hand an animations... 

The updates don't make any sense.. No gears whatsoever... And cheap mats for Super unbalanced benefits 

I understand your preoccupation, however, i need you to know that if the devs decide to add this concept, they can change it according to their will. They would probably change crafting price, buffs, give it debuffs and etc.

Still, I'm thankful for your comment, I'll take it on consideration for future concepts.

The Lady is right mate. Do take into consideration as well that a ALL of your upgrades for this insane OP backpack can all come from a couple of boulders? I mean what? :shock: Easy to gain resources ( although a bit of a grind) and the fact you would never need to craft another one is a little bit over the top. Lets say you do have to craft a new one and ALL the upgrades because, I dunno, Bearger ate it...  Have you REALLY counted up HOW MUCH resources that is? That's atleast 17 Ice Boxes. SEVENTEEN!! I would rather have the damn Iceboxes then a backpack that holds my torch for me. that's what miner hats are for.

3 hours ago, Black Jacket said:

The Lady is right mate. Do take into consideration as well that a ALL of your upgrades for this insane OP backpack can all come from a couple of boulders? I mean what? :shock: Easy to gain resources ( although a bit of a grind) and the fact you would never need to craft another one is a little bit over the top. Lets say you do have to craft a new one and ALL the upgrades because, I dunno, Bearger ate it...  Have you REALLY counted up HOW MUCH resources that is? That's atleast 17 Ice Boxes. SEVENTEEN!! I would rather have the damn Iceboxes then a backpack that holds my torch for me. that's what miner hats are for.

Let's not get too salty right here, i accept constructive criticism but if you wanna help, specify what would you change. Also, I'd like you to know that you don't have the power here and nowhere else to give me orders, i took her suggestions on consideration because i wanted to do so.

Also, decide yourself, that would help a lot. You're basically calling the backpack OP but at the same time "hard to get".

Have your ice boxes or your miner hat. I don't care.

Archived