Because combat is central to DST

Calm, user who opened this post with a torch and a pitchfork in his hand. I know that only the title made you an ulcer. DST is a survival game, you want to rebut it loudly, vehemently.
And whit reason. But only in part. Let me explain and you read well, before answering me that "I don't understand anything" or "I don't have the skills to give an opinion" :'D
Let's analyze the basic structure of DS: there are different types of dangers, which I would reduce to three main categories:

1. Dangers due to enemies
  2. Climate hazards/environmental
  3. Constant reduction of hunger, sanity and (in part) of life.

Let's focus on the first two: in DS I believe that climate hazards are predominant compared to the danger that the enemies represent.
Getting yourself all the resources you need to survive the seasons, and exploring the subsoil is not easy, especially for an inexperienced player.
In the early stages we must pay close attention to the management of our materials.
Enemies on DS are "relatively" weak: they have little life, few attacks, they are not meant to represent a overwhelming challenge.
But the discussion changes radically in DST.
The reason is called: "Principle of specialization"
This principle states that everyone does one thing better, according to their abilities, and that "the whole" (the team) is greater than "the sum of the individual parts" (the players).
In DST climate hazards become very easy to overcome: a team of only two players can find all the resources they need in half the time; one team of three in just a third.
Everyone shares the same equipment, the same farms, the same fire. More resources are enough for more players at the same time.
While a player looks after the farms, other player can go and collect stone. Both will find food and materials with half the effort if they had to look for them on their own, benefiting from the work of others. Not only that, both will have more rock and food than if they played alone, because they are "specialized" and maximized the resources at their disposal to do one thing instead of two.
So it seems clear, I think, that on DST the greatest danger becomes that of the enemy.
Klei has realized this, probably: it has created increasingly strong bosses, designed specifically to be defeated by a close-knit team.
Of course, they can be defeated even alone. But it is unnecessarily long, expensive and difficult in many cases. These are challenges clearly designed to be faced in groups, and in fact are simple and fun in the company, with the right degree of difficulty and the right duration.
So, having taken note of the nature of DST, which is profoundly different from that of DS, what is the use of a Willow that helps to maximize resources? For what is a Willow that makes the fuel last longer, if two players can collect more wood in a few minutes than both of them need? (and without even bothering Maxwell or Woodie, which would make the comparison even more pitiless)
DST is a survival game, but where environmental survival is a minority compared to the survival of monsters.
There is nothing wrong with that, it was the natural and logical evolution of the game compared to DS.
We must therefore take note of the thing: a character who has only advantages in collecting or managing resources will always be "less useful" than someone who gives new ideas to fight enemies.
I believe that with the new update, all the characters should be able to contribute in an original way to killing the horrors of the Constant, without becoming clones of Wolfgang or Wigfrid.
Wortox is a mass curator, a crucial role in any battle. Wickerbottom and Winona are a support/god, Wx a tank. There can be many roles in a fight, it is important that everyone finds his.
This is why I think that the best role Willow can have is to offer the possibility of using fire as a weapon. It is what would make it unique in this "great battle" which is DST.
Before replying, please read carefully what I wrote and do not jump to hasty or superficial conclusions :afro:
And if in the end you will still be against my words... well, it happens, friends like before, they are only opinions about a game :D

13 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

I believe that with the new update, all the characters should be able to contribute in an original way to killing the horrors of the Constant, without becoming clones of Wolfgang or Wigfrid . . .This is why I think that the best role Willow can have is to offer the possibility of using fire as a weapon. It is what would make it unique in this "great battle" which is DST.

TLDR

Very good analysis my dude, I couldn't agree with you more. Although I still harken back to my younger years in DS/T where the environment itself actually presented a threat to my success in the constant, as it was a time in which the game was actually able to unsettle me. Maybe we will see the environment get its chance in the new updates to come, eh? I would like to see Willow get some specification in fire-based combat too, but we'll see what they guys at klei decide to do soon.

agree. if each character's battle strategy with their own power become various, players can choose character and strat

it must be really big joy not just difference of dmg like wolf or wig. idk if possible to make variable battle strategy without making

'class'. if there is class... it would be like just Forge extension and i dont want it. anyway hope each character have its own unique strat using ability extremely

Archived