Sounds

hi I need to know how sounds are referenced in dont starve and where can I find their list. I am not talking about the .fsb. I am talking how you can play them.

For instance :

"dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/bearger/step_stomp"

step_stomp is not a file. I assume it's a string that randomizes the pick between 4 mp3 files called boss_step1/2/3/4.wav

So where can I find the list that references all of these "shortcuts"? Specifically where could I find the Forge sound references? I see all the mp3 sounds in lava_arena.fsb, however I don't know the ... "shortcuts" to play them.

Edited by Hell-met

In the sound folders there are TXT files with all this information.

dont_starve\data\sound\dontstarve.txt

dont_starve\data\DLC0001\sound\dontstarve_DLC001.txt

dont_starve\data\DLC0002\sound\dontstarve_DLC002.txt

dont_starve\data\DLC0003\sound\dontstarve_DLC003.txt

I can't find those files for DST, but there are FEV files in all the sound folders, for both DS and DST as well, which you can open with FMOD Designer. The version Klei used is 4.44.64 available here. Once you've installed it, just double-click the FEV file you're interested in, and it should open it in the FMOD Event Viewer which is part of the package.

No idea.

You can play the existing files in-game using the same functionality as the game does. You can extract all the sounds using FMOD. There are several mods using custom sounds for their characters etc. Find one and see how they did it.