Custom Character Retexturing Doesn't Work

Hello!  I've gotten into modding very recently and I'm encountering one major problem: Editing the texture files of the character doesn't seem to change him ingame. The way I retexture him is: I go to his mod files then exported, then I pick a file and edit the textures. Although my custom lines and speech do work.

Any help is greatly appreciated

You haven't referenced your anim files in your worus.lua. The script you have referenced doesn't need to be there (I think). It's there in the original characters from the game, but not in any of the mod characters I have. I guess if it doesn't do any harm, just keep it there.

This is an example of animation assets being added to a character.

local assets = {
        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/bubbles.zip" ),
        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_bubbles_build.zip" ),
}

Edited by Ultroman

The references just reference where the anim files are placed in relation to your root mod folder. Your mod folder has a folder called 'anim' and inside that folder is a bunch of zip-files (I think you can safely delete 'ghost_esctemplate_build.zip', though. Do that first. It's identical to 'ghost_worus_build.zip'). The example I gave you is from a modder who made a character named Bubbles, who has a zip-file called 'bubbles.zip' and one called 'ghost_bubbles_build.zip'. He referenced those like this.

local assets = {
        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/bubbles.zip" ),
        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/ghost_bubbles_build.zip" ),
}

Now look in your 'anim' folder, and add references in worus.lua to your files in the same way.

Right now, your references in worus.lua look like this:

local assets = {
    Asset("SCRIPT", "scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua"),
}

I would just keep that like, and then add what the other modder has for his Bubbles character, but change the names of the files to match your files.