My Best suggestion to the game (including machinery and biomes)

My main I'd-love-to see in the game

Nuclear power, feed by some time of mineral we could extract from space and enrich it to use as a heat source that does not spread in your base but just inside a machine that would use water converting it to steam and using it to turn on turbines (Just like a real nuclear reactor). Maybe with a cool steam output, a liquid water input, and solid uranium, for example, we could get it using already present machines like the molecular forge.

New biomes that include even colder than the ice biome and less hot than the rock biome.

More use for the abyssalite since it can only be used with the molecular forge and rare things from space to make insulation.

More useful creatures and a buff for the existing ones, for example, as long as I have tested the rocky and the smooth hatch are way worse than the sage, maybe a counter balance to then would make them more useful, like making the smooth hatch convert more coal using less metal.

EDIT : Sorry i forgot smooth hatchs refine metal, please forget the part about the smooth hatch, and i know sage hatchs are super useful, and are well used in the disposal area.

11 hours ago, Garueri said:

More useful creatures and a buff for the existing ones, for example, as long as I have tested the rocky and the smooth hatch are way worse than the sage, maybe a counter balance to then would make them more useful, like making the smooth hatch convert more coal using less metal.

Smooth hatches don`t produce coal. They produce refined metal at a 75% efficiency rate which is higher than the rock granulator(50%) but lower than the metal refinery(100%). They are meant to be an alternative method of refining metal when you can`t afford 1200W of power or can`t deal with the heat.

Sage hatches seem good in their coal production efficiency but keep in mind they only eat organic stuff. Slime, algae and dirt are really valuable when producing food. Most of the time you don`t want to feed hatches with that and leave it for your mushroom or sleet wheat farms. Algae can be used for pacu farms for a lot of eggshells that are useful for steel production.

Stone hatches might be not too efficient but they can eat a wide array of mostly useless rocks like igneous or sedimentary. You will have so much of that stuff you can feed stone hatches for thousands of cycles getting coal out of it.

New biomes that include even colder than the ice biome and less hot than the rock biome.

The devs confirmed 3 new biomes to be added at release. We don`t know what those will be but it`s possible they add a biome with frozen oxygen right under the space biome or some biomes with temperatures in between.

More use for the abyssalite since it can only be used with the molecular forge and rare things from space to make insulation.

It can be fed to abyss shinebugs (the black ones)... but that`s not a real use. I`m hoping for some sort of use a s well, especially as we can get this stuff from space for some reason as well.

Nuclear power

Suggested many times. Some suggestions include it using a liquid water input and outputting steam hot enough to power a steam turbine. All we know is that there`s radium in the game codex and might be added eventually as a power or light source.

Abassalites are actually building material before.

It should be available for making tempshift plates (which you can use all kinds of materials (I mean those round, triangular or cube shaped), even dirt and stuff).

You know, tempshift plates are good temperature control buildings. It has a 3×3 heat conditivity control effect according to the material used.

Nuclear powers are really suggested millions of times.

Some liked due to its highly efficient power production, some rejected due to its high explosion risk if cooled unwell.

I am the one supporting nuclear power, but I want nuclear fusioning which is safer than nuclear fissioning.

(if we want nuclear fusioning, we probably to extract Helium-3 (helium isotope) form regolith.)

Don’t ever looking down the productivity of the hatches. Sage hatch can be actually an early stage good biological waste disposal machine - It can eat polluted dirt and convert them into coal. You can probably put them in water purification plants to eat the dropped polluted dirt.

And smooth hatches (remember, they eat metals to poo refined metals). Like what @Sasza22 said, it is an almost-costless refinery, just they are less efficient than a (f**king hot) metal refinery. Plus its advantage of not producing any heat.

(Remarks: Coal generators can be second-last resort in case of power emergency. So producing coal using hatches isn’t a bad thing at all.)

1 hour ago, Madbro said:

It should be available for making tempshift plates (which you can use all kinds of materials (I mean those round, triangular or cube shaped), even dirt and stuff).

Except tempshift plates out of abyssalite are useless. Tempshift plates are supposed to transfer heat and abyssalite is almost a perfect insulator.

7 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Except tempshift plates out of abyssalite are useless. Tempshift plates are supposed to transfer heat and abyssalite is almost a perfect insulator.

Sometimes I hate that airlocks are metal that can spread heat. In some cases to keep the things small (without using vaccum layer) I usually keep an abyssalite tempshift plate next to the airlock.

On 26/03/2019 at 9:19 AM, Madbro said:

Abassalites are actually building material before.

You know, tempshift plates are good temperature control buildings. It has a 3×3 heat conditivity control effect according to the material used.

Nuclear powers are really suggested millions of times.

Some liked due to its highly efficient power production, some rejected due to its high explosion risk if cooled unwell.

I am the one supporting nuclear power, but I want nuclear fusioning which is safer than nuclear fissioning.

(if we want nuclear fusioning, we probably to extract Helium-3 (helium isotope) form regolith.)

Don’t ever looking down the productivity of the hatches. Sage hatch can be actually an early stage good biological waste disposal machine - It can eat polluted dirt and convert them into coal. You can probably put them in water purification plants to eat the dropped polluted dirt.

And smooth hatches (remember, they eat metals to poo refined metals). Like what @Sasza22 said, it is an almost-costless refinery, just they are less efficient than a (f**king hot) metal refinery. Plus its advantage of not producing any heat.

(Remarks: Coal generators can be second-last resort in case of power emergency. So producing coal using hatches isn’t a bad thing at all.)

Hey thanks for reminding me of that, and I actually have 500 game hours 

On 25/03/2019 at 10:08 AM, Sasza22 said:

Smooth hatches don`t produce coal. They produce refined metal at a 75% efficiency rate which is higher than the rock granulator(50%) but lower than the metal refinery(100%). They are meant to be an alternative method of refining metal when you can`t afford 1200W of power or can`t deal with the heat.

Sage hatches seem good in their coal production efficiency but keep in mind they only eat organic stuff. Slime, algae and dirt are really valuable when producing food. Most of the time you don`t want to feed hatches with that and leave it for your mushroom or sleet wheat farms. Algae can be used for pacu farms for a lot of eggshells that are useful for steel production.

Stone hatches might be not too efficient but they can eat a wide array of mostly useless rocks like igneous or sedimentary. You will have so much of that stuff you can feed stone hatches for thousands of cycles getting coal out of it.

The devs confirmed 3 new biomes to be added at release. We don`t know what those will be but it`s possible they add a biome with frozen oxygen right under the space biome or some biomes with temperatures in between.

It can be fed to abyss shinebugs (the black ones)... but that`s not a real use. I`m hoping for some sort of use a s well, especially as we can get this stuff from space for some reason as well.

Suggested many times. Some suggestions include it using a liquid water input and outputting steam hot enough to power a steam turbine. All we know is that there`s radium in the game codex and might be added eventually as a power or light source.

Hey, thanks @Sasza22 and @Madbrofor reminding me of the smooth hatch, and I fully agree with you about the sage hatch being super useful (Its the most productive coal creature and an excellent disposal method for many organic things like you said) but I ran many experiments on the hatches and I would like to share them with you.

The stone hatch eating metals generate -35Kg of coal a day, eating stones it will generate ~70Kg a day, remember that the problem with creatures is that you need many ranchers to be constantly grooming them, that's what makes having too many creatures unviable in small colonies, and my main problem with the stone hatch is that it only does ~35Kg coal a day eating metals, I know its a STONE hatch not a METAL hatch, but a hatch that converts a small amount of metal into a lot of coal wouldn't be OP.

The sage hatch eats organic things and generates ~140Kg of coal a day, but it needs to be organic, and that's very nice to me because normally i don't use a lot of dirt, then it's very useful those 500T of dirt in cycle 50 to convert on coal.

And the Smooth hatch is 75% of what it consumes, yes that's right, but the hatch doesn't consume a lot per day, I don't have an exact number but you need at least 10 Smoothy boys to do a bit of what a single rock granulator can do in an ice biome.

As with the nuclear power, I would rather we extract materials from the early stage of rocketry and combine them to make something useful in nuclear fissioning like UO2 (Uranium oxide) and in the molecular assemble we could transform it into Hexafluoride of U235 and U258, then enrich it into 0,7 to 20% enriched U257 to use in fissioning just like you both said, using water and outputting steam.

4 minutes ago, Garueri said:

As with the nuclear power, I would rather we extract materials from the early stage of rocketry and combine them to make something useful in nuclear fissioning like UO2 (Uranium oxide) and in the molecular assemble we could transform it into Hexafluoride of U-235 and U-258, then enrich it into 0.7 to 20% enriched U-258 to use in fissioning just like you both said, using water and outputting steam.

Wow, you’ve done some research on internet. (^ω^)

Also, U-235 is actually a metal which has high density, making it idel for making hard alloys. In real life it is under military use.

I have heard about one type of glass that contains uranium, and they are quite beautiful:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium_glass (A wiki page about that glass.)

8 minutes ago, Garueri said:

The sage hatch eats organic things and generates ~140Kg of coal a day, but it needs to be organic, and that's very nice to me because normally i don't use a lot of dirt, then it's very useful those 500T of dirt in cycle 50 to convert on coal.

Usually I worried about whether they would eat up lots of dirt, but thanks for telling me that’s not a lot.

Because I intensively cultivate sleet wheat. And I have to store up some dirt for cultivating mealwood in case of the food economy screw up.

1 hour ago, Madbro said:

Also, U-235 is actually a metal which has high density, making it idel for making hard alloys. In real life it is under military use.

I have heard about one type of glass that contains uranium, and they are quite beautiful:

Usually I worried about whether they would eat up lots of dirt, but thanks for telling me that’s not a lot.

Because I intensively cultivate sleet wheat. And I have to store up some dirt for cultivating mealwood in case of the food economy screw up.

That's actually very beautiful, as long as it doesn't emit radiation to me I'd be just fine having it in my house, so when guests come I could say like ''hey, you see that glass? Its made from URANIUM HAHAHA. yep. uranium. nope, its unharmful don't worry haha.''

1 hour ago, Madbro said:

I see, I normally don't use plants to generate food since dirt is a limited resource on the map (Yes, yes, all resources are limited but dirt in only found in a ''starting'' big amount in the starting biome, there is a way to produce dirt using magma if I remember correctly but its unviable since it takes too much work and doesn't produce a whole lot.

So I just use normal something easy to make cooked up in the grill like blossoms and fungal spores that uses up water and slime.

I dont use DIRT based plants

7 hours ago, Garueri said:

see, I normally don't use plants to generate food since dirt is a limited resource on the map (Yes, yes, all resources are limited but dirt in only found in a ''starting'' big amount in the starting biome, there is a way to produce dirt using magma if I remember correctly but its unviable since it takes too much work and doesn't produce a whole lot.

So I just use normal something easy to make cooked up in the grill like blossoms and fungal spores that uses up water and slime.

I dont use DIRT based plants

Sleet wheat uses dirt and it`s nice to have some in the later stages of the game. But for smaller colonies the wild growing sleet is enough to keep them happy. You are free to feed the dirt to hatches but you will eventually run out of it.

A way to renew dirt is by the water sieve and compost. It needs some polluted water but you can get that from nat gas and petroleum generators or from the carbon skimmer (some sleet wheat designs use petrol gen and skimmer combinations to sustain the dirt). With sage hatches you can skip the compost part and feed them polluted dirt straight from the sieve.

8 hours ago, Garueri said:

remember that the problem with creatures is that you need many ranchers to be constantly grooming them

If your computer can handle it you can keep ungroomed critters i larger numbers. You need 5 times as many but you`ll only need to fill the feeders which can be automated.

On 28/03/2019 at 10:01 AM, Sasza22 said:

Sleet wheat uses dirt and it`s nice to have some in the later stages of the game. But for smaller colonies the wild growing sleet is enough to keep them happy. You are free to feed the dirt to hatches but you will eventually run out of it.

A way to renew dirt is by the water sieve and compost. It needs some polluted water but you can get that from nat gas and petroleum generators or from the carbon skimmer (some sleet wheat designs use petrol gen and skimmer combinations to sustain the dirt). With sage hatches you can skip the compost part and feed them polluted dirt straight from the sieve.

If your computer can handle it you can keep ungroomed critters i larger numbers. You need 5 times as many but you`ll only need to fill the feeders which can be automated.

My pc can handle it, I just don't like having too many ranchers. Is like a waste of time if you can mine the world or build the earth with 3 Miners and Builders. But that's what I do as you said, I keep ungroomed critters, in a single place that is not ''roomed'', then I can have lots of critters.

Archived