Why is the Fireplace different in Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together

Hello guys,

I tried finding a page for this topic, but with no luck, so I hope this is the right place to post this. 

I have been playing Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together for a while now and I got used to the most of the differences between them, but one thing I cannot go over is the difference in Fireplaces. More specific, the displacement of the actual fire over the fireplace.

Here is the fireplace fully lit in Don't Starve:

5c9736099b79e_DontStarvescreenshot.thumb.png.831f578a1c67626fd8ab9a3572958a80.png

And here is in Don't Starve Together:

5c973626816e8_DontStarveTogetherscreenshot.thumb.png.36fe495f342a07df9506433a3206f467.png

As you can see, the fire in the first screenshot is overlapping the rocks. Now, this is not such a big deal, but it would be nice to know if anyone else encounters this and if there is any fix for it of some sort or any mod. I try to keep my mods to a minimum, but I would definitely use one for this.

Looking forward to any replies and ideas.

Thank you,

TheBigWolfgang

Both games have different people working on them for the most part, so some small things are different in DST like graphical detail. Other differences include DST having higher quality textures in general for a lot of items and structure, different crafting UI, etc. So there are a lot of small things that DST got that DS never got in terms of improved graphics, such as fixing the fire overlay on firepits.

Ideally all of that should get ported to singleplayer but it's probably not a priority. 

Archived