Mobs running into the sea

..or you can also not build spawning structures right at the edge of map and not run mobs like Koalefants plus Gobblers into said edges to kill?! Their loot will fully or partially be lost to the sea anyway by killing at the edge. In Koale's case just wait for the night or use Darts/Firestaff/Icestaff to aggro and bait turkeys with berries by placing them on ground when le Gobbler spawns. Simple, yes?! Solely following these clear guidelines I for one haven't had an issue with mobs "running into the sea" like... have even forgotten if I ever had such problem. Devs are already over their heads with new updates, character re-balances and also taking community feedback into account to worry for another mostly non-issue from your random Joe out there that can be "fixed" by player himself not doing hazardous stuff. Peace! :whistle:

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

you'd need to be a really stupid player to not force koalefants into the sea barrier though, or else you'll never catch them on early worlds. "don't do it" is not a valid argument.

He is right though... forcing something to the edge of the map isn't a good idea. I haven't had anything end up in the ocean in forever.

11 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

He is right though... forcing something to the edge of the map isn't a good idea. I haven't had anything end up in the ocean in forever.

goats and koalefants will chase you after an attack, so you can easily avoid loot falling off.

20 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

you'd need to be a really stupid player to not force koalefants into the sea barrier though, or else you'll never catch them on early worlds. "don't do it" is not a valid argument.

Depends on your level of patience and risk-taking level. Early game I for one prefer, instead of running up-and-down left-and-right like a lot trying to eventually corner a Koale, to.. just wait for night when it naturally sits still by sleeping - but hey, am quite lazy; maybe you are the more feisty spammy low-forbearance type, heh. Again even if cornered I myself haven't managed to glitch said creatures out-of-map - and I've tried at some point for fun, as having a gobbler par example intentionally out of map for comic decoration is pretty dope-amusing (see below spoiler).

Spoiler

out-of-map-gobbler

Only managed to get this one in Sea by placing berry-bushes right at edge of map, obviously, to spawn them outside.

7 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

So how are they ending up in the ocean then? haha

it seems there's some confusion here. I'm not talking about the out of bounds teleport thing, but rather the way mobs just infinitely run-in-place toward/into the edge.

1 minute ago, Hell-met said:

it seems there's some confusion here. I'm not talking about the out of bounds teleport thing, but rather the way mobs just infinitely run-in-place toward/into the edge.

Umm I have never seen this apart from pig men at are far away from their homes.

4 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

Oh, you want players to not be able to corner Koale or Goats at all on map edge - aka their infinite run in said corner when they cannot elude chasing player anymore. Got it. Well I have no objection to this proposal. In fact indeed that would occasionally bring certain usage to the pretty-useless atm boomerangs for example. But then I don't see why:

34 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

you'd need to be a really stupid player to not force koalefants into the sea barrier though

:rolleyes:

Archived