Temperature range for storage compactors

It would be very useful to have a temperature range for materials stored in specific storage compactors, in addition to the current filter of allowed materials.

Currently it's rather easy to e.g. overheat the base when duplicants start bringing in materials from hot biomes, or collected from volcanoes. Currently there's no way to distinguish e.g. normal copper to use and way too hot copper from a volcano, as duplicants will store material in whatever storage compactor they'll choose.

I think this should be rather easy to do, just one slider in the compactor UI, this condition would be checked in addition to the material filter. To account for materials in storage cooling down, all materials in all storage compactors should be periodically checked and dropped on the floor if they no longer match (it'd be enough to do just once in a while, such as once per cycle).

12 hours ago, calibayzone said:

Filters when building? "Select refined metal." "I will choose copper, from 0 to 100C please".

When building the material snaps to 15-45oC no matter how much higher or lower the temperature was. Would be nice if there was a selection instead (with the overheat temperature being the max).

2 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

When building the material snaps to 15-45oC no matter how much higher or lower the temperature was. Would be nice if there was a selection instead (with the overheat temperature being the max).

When the material is delivered but before it is built there is no clamp. I have seen scalding from volcano metal, etc but overall not a huge problem in my base, just have to occasionally take a precaution or apply a little ice block cooling for crops, etc.

Archived