My very first idea

I am thinking at enchanting/linking gems and enchantment items to craft the weaps and armors.For who doesn't know:Linking gems are that diamonds which give additional stats to the weapon or armor(when linked on them).Enchanting gems are some "things" that when we enchant, they add more DMG and gives a glowing effect on the weapon. On the armor parts, they add more defense(when enchanted ofc).Enchantments are the items needed to combine with the enchanting gem to put on the part we wish to enchant. OFF: You may have already noticed that these things are seen in MMORPGs (If some of you have already played one).OFF: Sorry for the possibly made mistakes.

I am thinking at enchanting/linking gems and enchantment items to craft the weaps and armors.

Hrm. The words "enchanting" and "enchantment" rub me the wrong way, but that's just me. To be honest I don't think we need a system where bonuses or abilities are stacked onto existing weapons or armor, as I would associate this idea with an Fantasy RPG. What I like about the items in Don't Starve is that so far they're all fairly unqiue and don't follow the standard linear curve of multiple versions, each slightly better than the last because of the material used to craft it. I say most, because I know we have the gold tools, but there isn't a method for that with weapons or armor, and for that I'm grateful.

For who doesn't know:Linking gems are that diamonds which give additional stats to the weapon or armor(when linked on them).Enchanting gems are some "things" that when we enchant, they add more DMG and gives a glowing effect on the weapon. On the armor parts, they add more defense(when enchanted ofc).Enchantments are the items needed to combine with the enchanting gem to put on the part we wish to enchant.

If the idea is to only improve the item's stats, then I don't really see the point. For me I also suggested diamonds be added to the game, as a new resource found by mining boulders in underground areas, but I suggested that they be used as a component to a diamond-tipped hand drill... or simply a more advanced pick axe or a tool meant for mining something harder than mere boulders.

OFF: Sorry for the possibly made mistakes.

Well thanks for the suggestion, but I personally wouldn't want to see this in the game.

Where would you get the gems?

That's the easy answer... underground caverns biome! :D

Too much like minecraft, I'm pretty sure the Devs want more original things in Don't Starve, sorry.

Everything is too much like Minecraft these days. Why isn't everything too much like Terraria? Because we don't try hard enough! That's why! We need to start taking more ideas from Terraria... :p

Everything is too much like Minecraft these days. Why isn't everything too much like Terraria? Because we don't try hard enough! That's why! We need to start taking more ideas from Terraria... :p

I know there was a suggestion of whatshisname Skeletron? as Boss in Don't Starve. It is the crux these days that people say Survival and craftig = Minecraft, how insolent! Mincraft is like Terraria and Don't Starve a representative of this game genre! I think the items in Don't Starve don't need to be enchanted till they don't last long enough. But how some other magic related suggestions [MENTION=8812]POWnED[/MENTION]?

I know there was a suggestion of whatshisname Skeletron? as Boss in Don't Starve.

Argh! I hates that guy! Why won't he let me enter his dungeon? Why the skulls of death?

It is the crux these days that people say Survival and craftig = Minecraft, how insolent! Mincraft is like Terraria and Don't Starve a representative of this game genre!

I personally liked the fact that Terraria used Minecraft as its inspiration, and then it seemed like players wanted a lot of the ideas Terraria suggested in Minecraft (i.e. boss fights). There's nothing wrong with using the same ideas, so long as the point isn't to just rip-off another game's formula to milk its success.