[CUSTOM CHARACTER MOD] Make Ghost Mobs Neutral

I'm extremely new when it comes to coding and I'm trying to figure out how to make the ghost mobs neutral towards my character. 
I've found the code for ghosts/ghostbrain, but I'm unsure of what to change. Most of the tutorials are for bees, but the code is written differently for ghosts. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated! 

Yeah, actually I might have a better solution than I provided in that thread. Also, the shadow/nightmare creatures do not use FindEntity, like the frogs do, so there's no place to put an ignore-tag.

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think you can just extend the IsValidTarget function on all the shadow/nightmare creature's combat_replica-component. Just extend it, and before you run the original function, check whether the target is your character, and if so, return false. Otherwise, return the result of the original function.

Try putting this at the bottom of your modmain.lua, and change CHARACTER_PREFAB_NAME to your character's prefab name. Keep in mind, this will make it impossible for them to attack you, even if you attack them.

local prefabsToChange = {"crawlinghorror", "terrorbeak", "crawlingnightmare", "nightmarebeak"}

for i, v in ipairs(prefabsToChange) do
	AddPrefabPostInit(v, function(inst)
		if inst.components.combat_replica then
			local old_IsValidTarget = inst.components.combat_replica.IsValidTarget

inst.components.combat_replica.IsValidTarget = function(self, target)
				if target.prefab == "CHARACTER_PREFAB_NAME" then
					return false
				end
				return old_IsValidTarget(self, target)
			end
		end
	end)
end

Edited by Ultroman

20 hours ago, Ultroman said:

Yeah, actually I might have a better solution than I provided in that thread. Also, the shadow/nightmare creatures do not use FindEntity, like the frogs do, so there's no place to put an ignore-tag.

I'm not completely sure about this, but I think you can just extend the IsValidTarget function on all the shadow/nightmare creature's combat_replica-component. Just extend it, and before you run the original function, check whether the target is your character, and if so, return false. Otherwise, return the result of the original function.

Try putting this at the bottom of your modmain.lua, and change CHARACTER_PREFAB_NAME to your character's prefab name. Keep in mind, this will make it impossible for them to attack you, even if you attack them.

local prefabsToChange = {"crawlinghorror", "terrorbeak", "crawlingnightmare", "nightmarebeak"}

for i, v in ipairs(prefabsToChange) do
	AddPrefabPostInit(v, function(inst)

return false
				end
			end
		end
	end)
end

My apologies I wasn't too clear in my post lol, but I really appreciate the response. I meant the grave ghosts instead of sanity nightmares (crawling horrors, terrorbeaks etc.). Is it possible to make them neutral? 

Also, I've been looking into a sanity perk that would allow my character to gain sanity by having hounds teeth in their inventory. Like how Warbucks gains sanity by holding oincs. I've found his code for this. Is it possible to edit it into hounds teeth giving my character sanity? Thanks again!
Warbucks code:

local function sanityfn(inst)
    local delta = 0
    local oinc_amount = inst.components.inventory:Count("oinc") + (inst.components.inventory:Count("oinc10") * 10) + (inst.components.inventory:Count("oinc100") * 100)

if oinc_amount >= 200 then
        delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_MED    
    elseif oinc_amount >= 50 then
        delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL         
    elseif oinc_amount >= 20 then
        delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY * 2 
    elseif oinc_amount >= 10 then
        delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY  
    end

return delta
end

I'll do the sanity question first. I've changed the code to what you want in the section below. Just remember to "attach" it to your character's sanity-component. If you don't know how, search for sanityfn in warbucks.lua

local function sanityfn(inst)
	local delta = 0
	local tooth_amount = inst.components.inventory:Count("houndstooth")

if tooth_amount >= 200 then
		delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_MED
	elseif tooth_amount >= 50 then
		delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_SMALL
	elseif tooth_amount >= 20 then
		delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY * 2
	elseif tooth_amount >= 10 then
		delta = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY
	end

return delta
end

About the ghosts, I'd try doing the same thing. Put this at the bottom of your modmain.lua, and remember to change the string CHARACTER_PREFAB_NAME.

AddPrefabPostInit("ghost", function(inst)

return false
			end
		end
	end
end)