Generator back flow prevention?

2 hours ago, Vertigo81 said:

Waaaait a second...  you can’t actually build this.  You can’t build on the connection knobs to create the vacuum through deletion.  Guess it’s the 2 transformer option then.

If you dig out a vacuum first before constructing the tiles or plates it's quite easy

2 hours ago, Christophlette said:

I was maybe not clear but did you try "replacing" a tile with the plate ? You just have to build this with regular tiles. Then put the plates down by replacing the two tiles where they are in the screenshot.

Oh, I could have sworn you couldn’t tile replace with transfer plates...  is that new?  Thanks I’ll give that a try :)

1 hour ago, Vertigo81 said:

Oh, I could have sworn you couldn’t tile replace with transfer plates...  is that new?  Thanks I’ll give that a try :)

I don't think that will work, in my experience replacing tiles will break a vacuum

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yes. You can. You build the connector on top of tiles. Delete the tiles and build the wires after.

EDIT: Scratch that. Seems you can't anymore. I'll report the bug.

I don't think this is a bug - this was patched ages ago - when we were given the ability to overbuild tiles with plates, we lost the ability to embed the connectors in tiles.

• Fixed layering for Heavi-Watt Joint Plate
  • Various buildings are stricter about disallowing inputs and outputs to overlap, such as Heavi-Watt Joint Plates. These have never worked correctly, but now at least you won't be able to create new overlaps. If you correct any existing overlaps, a save/load will be required to put the game back into a consistent state.

Archived