Spriter Help

Hi.

First, I'm sorry that my english is immature.

I'm building a mod.

This mod will add various books and spells.

So I want to create my own custom magic effect.

But, there was a problem here.

I created the image.png files and added the frames in the spriter to create the anim.

And when I tested it in the game, the animation worked but the shape was strange.

So I decompiled my anim.zip file.

When I opened the decompiled .scml file, There was frames that I didn't add.

And the images that of each frame were overlapped, and the shapes of the images were deformed.

I simply put the images on the screen in timeline because I didn't know how to use the spriter.

Please let me know if you know the cause of my problem, or if you know how to create a animation that work properly.

I would also appreciate a link to writing that might help me.

Thanks for reading, and I really appreciate you if you help me.

Ok spriter is primarily a symbol based animation software. This means instead of dragging new symbols into the frame you simply create a new keyframe of the previous symbol and modify the previous symbol for the new keyframe. If you right click a symbol you can change it to another texture. It is very important you set up your symbol folder correctly.

The reason why you are seeing all these added symbols is because you are essentially creating a ton of symbols everytime you drag a new image into the anim. If you look at the timeline these symbols are persistent throughout, and will be appear and disappear as the timeline says.

A key thing to understand is the folder architecture for your anim, and the pivot points for your symbols are as desired. Checking out decompiled animations and how they do it is quite helpful.

Also you can open .scml in text editors its basically a spreadsheet and can easily be edited.

Edit:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/getting started.htm

Edited by IronHunter
Link added

On 2019. 2. 2. at 1:33 PM, IronHunter said:

Ok spriter is primarily a symbol based animation software. This means instead of dragging new symbols into the frame you simply create a new keyframe of the previous symbol and modify the previous symbol for the new keyframe. If you right click a symbol you can change it to another texture. It is very important you set up your symbol folder correctly.

The reason why you are seeing all these added symbols is because you are essentially creating a ton of symbols everytime you drag a new image into the anim. If you look at the timeline these symbols are persistent throughout, and will be appear and disappear as the timeline says.

A key thing to understand is the folder architecture for your anim, and the pivot points for your symbols are as desired. Checking out decompiled animations and how they do it is quite helpful.

Also you can open .scml in text editors its basically a spreadsheet and can easily be edited.

Edit:

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/getting started.htm

First, Thanks for reply.

I confirmed the reply immediately, but I was on a trip so I could try it now.

Your reply has been a great help.

First, I created a folder for the symbol file, and when I created the sprite,

I created a new keyframe and right clicked it to change the image.

Then the phenomenon of overlapping images disappears.

But there are still issues that haven't been resolved.

The problem is that the shape, size and position of images change.

In addition, keyframes that I didn't add are themselves formed.

And when I looked at the name of the symbol file,

the name of the folder was the same as what I set, but the names of the image files were different.

There may be something I missed from your reply.

But I have never dealt with spriter, and because I'm immature in English, I haven't found what I missed in your reply.

I'm really sorry, but can I ask you to let me know a little more about the problems I haven't solved yet?

I'm sorry to bother you.

And thanks again for the reply!

I should probably add some wierd quirks of don't starve animation.

First of all animations in don't starve are animated at 30FPS. This means you need to do 34, 67, 100 etc keyframes as spriter supports up to 1000FPS. It does this via tweens from keyframes.

The decompiler of krane automatically makes the keyframes at these positions.

The name of the folder defines the name of the symbol. Although I believe its not neccessary it does make it a lot easier to make sure all images in the folder have the same name. In a format like symbol-0, symbol-1 etc. This is just for organization sakes.

Make sure you give your symbols pivots, because its very likely each of your images for the animation are different dimensions and any rotation, or motion in spriter to compensate for pivot changes will likely have undesired effects.

You can open up the scml file to view the file as a text file. It can be handy for manually editing stuff with precision and for updating.

It is difficult to troubleshoot off text alone. So if this is not enough to help. You might need to attach your spriter file and its respective assets.