Overheating in Mild Season

AlexGM

Happens regardless of where I am, in the ocean, at my base, on any island. Juggling thermal stones in freezers currently, I've tried taking off my backpack, re-logging, destroying thermal stones with a lure plant and more re-logging. No obsidian items on me, I've got some magma geysers near me but they have never been an issue before and like I said the problem persists even when I leave the base. Built a thermometer before posting this and it is showing that it is still dry weather even though plants are not wilting and the season is mild, there is no red glow. I'm about 5 days into the mild season and it looks as though I will be juggling thermal stones for the rest of the game. Tried entering and re-entering volcano. 7cNa6cu.jpg

Don't worry my man It's a normal thing. After every season its temeratures stay for a couple of days.

For example in rog after winter first days of spring will be as cold as Winter and you'll have to keep yourself warm. Samke goes for summer and dry season. So soon everything sjhould be normal.

However QoL update might have broken something so if you keep overheating even halfway through mild seons then it's a bug.

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Don't worry my man It's a normal thing. After every season its temeratures stay for a couple of days.

For example in rog after winter first days of spring will be as cold as Winter and you'll have to keep yourself warm. Samke goes for summer and dry season. So soon everything sjhould be normal.

However QoL update might have broken something so if you keep overheating even halfway through mild seons then it's a bug.

I'm gonna keep playing because I have load of trees around my base that need chopping and see if it persists. But 5 days into the mild season you would think it would have cooled down a bit. Never had this issue before, idk if it has anything to do with the Hamlet integration although I haven't been there yet. The other wolfgang file I have I started in hamlet and have 300 days in shipwrecked and I've never had this happen.

On 2019-01-28 at 9:19 PM, S19TealPenguin said:

You're using combined status? Can try going to the mod settings > World Temp > Show ? If it's over 70, you'll overheat.

Yeah u can see the temp in the top right, it just keeps rising unless I use thermal stones

World temp and character temp are different values. Your character's temperature will tend towards towards the world temp over time. Overheating insulation (Floral shirt, Umbrella, Eyebrella etc.) will slow the rate at which temperature climbs, and cold insulation (Puffy vest, Tam, winter hat) will slow the rate at which temperature lowers. Being near (or carrying) objects that have high hot or cold values will cause your temperature to change towards those values, (Thermal stones, campfires, endothermic fires, chilled amulet, items lit in inventory etc.). 

I want to see the world temperature, not the character temp.

230 days in , jumping from rog/sw . No problems , until now when I go to shipwrecked it’s max dry season temperature. Just finished moving everything from my rog over . Including 3 Houndius Shootius . And now the world is bugged. Please fix this whoever fixes these things.  

* mid mild season 

Archived