Mods are not downloading

Hello! I have decided to make an dedicated server with mods to play along with my friends. However they are not downloading.

How did I make the server: 

What have I tried:

-modoverride.lua - method shown by most of Moderators with creating a world with configured modt then copying it to MyDediServer/Master and /Caves (checked the file and everything is fine in there, ID's are correct and mods names too)

-Writing in dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua (however this one seems suspicious, it resets all the time)

-Copying and pasting mods to c/steamcmd/steamapps/common/Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server/mods

However when I tracked what was happening while server was starting, I noticed something. It said:

[0:00:03]: DownloadMods(0)

[0:00:04]: Event data unavidable: lavaarena_event_server/lavaarena_achievement_quest_defs

I don't know will it help, but I think it will.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advane!

I mentioned the issue, and the solution in my guide on installing mods on a dedicated server:

On 13.10.2018 at 7:59 PM, Daniel86268 said:

Addition:
On some occasions the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua file get's overwritten by the launch script with the empty original script, if it's configured to first check if there are any server updates.
If that's happening for you as well, you have to check your startup script for a line like this:

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "$install_dir" +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit

Just delete or uncomment it for the time being, but keep in mind that you need to either manually enter it every time the server updates, or readd it once after each update.

18 hours ago, MaybeAlpha said:

What did you do to fix this because it says downloadmods(0) and I haven't gotten the server to start with mods enabled when I followed the same guides?

Well try doing everything once again. I have added mods to Don'tStarveDedicatedServer in Steam, however need to be done in Steamcmd. Do it like this:

1. Get list of mods' ID you want (for example: Global positions' ID is 378160973, found in URL adress of Steam which is: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=378160973&searchtext=global+positions, next to id=)

2.Go to <your localization of Steam>\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods Here are all mods in format of workshop-ID. Get the mods you need by ID and copy then.

3. Go to <your steamcmd location>\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and paste all the mods you need.

4. In same location as you are now, open dedicated_server_mods_setup with Notepad (right click it - open with - click Notepad) and write all the mods down in this syntax:

--#Name

ServerModSetup("ID")

Remember to NOT delete message in the file!

Also you will want to configure mods, and I will give same instruction as moderators of this site give:

1. Open your game

2. Make a new server in any slot (prefered first slot)

3. Before generating world, add them to the server and configure

4. Now generate world

5. Once you will connect, disconnect from server

6. Go to C:\Users\<Your username>\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\<Your profile ID, looks like random numbers generated>\Cluster <number, the number of your server counted from top in game, for example Cluster 1>\Master

7. Copy modoverrides.lua and don't change anything in there!

8. Go back to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

9. Go to MyDediServer

10. Paste modoverrides.lua both to Master and Caves.

That's all. You have now placed the mods manually and configured them.

I hope I helped.

Best wishes!

You don't need to do

19 hours ago, kropix0 said:

3. Go to <your steamcmd location>\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods and paste all the mods you need.

if you configure

19 hours ago, kropix0 said:

4. In same location as you are now, open dedicated_server_mods_setup with Notepad (right click it - open with - click Notepad) and write all the mods down in this syntax:

--#Name

ServerModSetup("ID")

Because the latter is the configuration file that controls the automatic download of those mods from the workshop.

I assume your startup script still overwrote the dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua, but your attempt still worked because you manually copied over the mods, and therefore avoided using the modoverrides.lua.

(Just fyi and for everyone wondering what happened)

Archived