Priority Filtering/Locking

I often create accidents where I have to mop up liquids, and fast.  This calls for painting an area with Pri 8 or 9.  If there's a bunch of compactors and an auto-sweeper there, I can screw up the priorities by doing that.  Would love to be able to set a Locked flag on a building priority so that it can only be changed when the flag is toggled to Unlocked.

When I go to Cancel or Deconstruct, I have a filter palette that lets me specify which kinds of objects to affect.  Having a similar palette for the Priority painter would be awesome!  It would filter Construct, Mop, Sweep, Building, etc.

Also it might he useful to be able to change priority by building the same thing on top of some blueprint. Like you set building pipes you have a line and you noticed that you wanted different priority - so you change it but for stuff you already setup you have to jump to priority tab change prioriry and go back. If you could just slide again the same pipes/tiles/whatever and this would adjust priority it would be much quicker 

On 1/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, Sasza22 said:

I usually just order the mop again with a higher priority in that scenario.

I didn't even realize that you could set the pri at the action step until I read this.  Thanks for the heads-up!  While keyboard shortcuts work for mop/cancel/etc. pri, they apparently do not for building. :/  Gratuitous inconsistency, IMO.

Ah and yes. You just reminded me. Why for god sake moping priority is not visible or priority tab? So you have no idea what priority is it. You have to cancel and do it again "just in case" XD 

(Klei don't ban me for this please. I love you, you know that) XD

Priority filtering seems like a no-brainer addition to me. When I first started out, I thought it was odd that changing priority while in an overlay mode like plumbing still meant changing the priority of everything, not just plumbing items.

Archived