Messing with WorldGen templates

Been playing around with the world YAML files and making some custom world files.

I made one called "Hephaestus" which is basically Helicona but hot instead of cold.

image.thumb.png.aafedaf64765f488268ca0465e285f85.png

Hephaestus.yaml

apparently theres a lot of phosphorite

also it looks like it makes it really easy to spot geysers and fumaroles since they appear colder than everything else

Compared to Helicona:

image.thumb.png.334dc2553f1daa7c9f8586578b171abc.png

not exactly sure why the start biome is smaller in Hephaestus or why theres no abysallite around it but eh.

And then we have "Sandbox," which is just a giant slab of abysallite with a tiny sedimentary biome in the middle:

image.thumb.png.4b0addaa351ba3eec43b5d36201935c8.png

Sandbox.yaml

For whatever rea son it won't generate the space/surface biome which is frustrating and I'd like to make the sedimentary area bigger but idk how to do that atm

if you want to use these just copy them into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds or whatever your game directory folder for that is. 

I don't know exactly how to make a biome bigger, but there's a biome called "Default", which is also sedimentary! I use it to expand my sedimentary biome when messing with worldgen. Both together are seamless :)

Archived