A fix for Willow's lighter in the pig ruins.

In the pig ruins, Willow's lighter will not stay lit. I believe I have found the fix for this.

In lighter.lua (in the DLC0003 directory, of course) the following needs to be added:

inst.fire:AddTag("INTERIOR_LIMBO_IMMUNE")

I put it right after line 27 where it says:

inst.fire = SpawnPrefab( "lighterfire" )

I've only just tested it, but her lighter did not got out from room to room.

• Developer

No, the torch was fixed, I guess, because they didn't overlook it.

And I am not saying that willow is not a priority, I am saying that I'd rather fix it in such a way that it fixes it for all instances current and yet to be developed, and not just the one that we happen to notice, with more case-by-case code for every instance and more opportunity to miss special cases.

Heck, I did discuss it here the day after your post (so I guess I did deem it a priority) and my proposed solution and we agreed it was a better way to move forward, but I can only do one thing at a time, and it's a fairly significant change which I'd rather not do on a whim without time to properly test it.

So Willow must still suffer in the darkness, I see.

see above.

Edit:

My argument is, why make players live with objectively broken code, when there is a temporary fix that you can make as soon as you like? It sounds to me like you are just too overworked or lazy to make the temporary changes. If the latter, I hope your work is amazing... when I eventually see it. If the former... I hope your family is doing well.

Archived