Long Distance Wires For Solar Power?

Using a smart battery to create a switch network and I've managed to connect all my solar panels to the main heavy-watt line using conductive. Battery A -> Transformer A -> Conductive wire -> Battery B -> Transformer B -> Heavy Watt. The trick is never to have the heavy from the solar/main trunk be active at the same time as the conductive.

Well...I just use maintenance shafts.

All my regular walkways are 4 tile high with nice decor in veriety as I hate just placing 30 statues next to each other. Decor is not only for the Dupes :D

But also I have a small network of 2 tile high "jeffrey's tubes" between some levels. The main problem was how do you make the Dupes not taking the maybe shorter ways through the ugly parts of the base but walking down the scenic route?

Is solved this with door permissions and making them one way. If something needs to be done in the shafts the Dupes can go there freely but these pathways are normally not considered to be the shortest way.

22 minutes ago, Reiyuka said:

I find it a little awkward that the large transformer can output 4k but conductive wire can only handle 2k. The small transformer matches regular wire at 1k/1k. How do you guys handle that?

Just watch what you build on the circuit with the large transformer.  The advantage is that you can quickly charge whatever batteries are on the circuit while sustaining a full 2kw of power consumption.  Charging a battery doesn't count as a power consumer.  One way I've used this feature was to charge a switched-mode battery bank that powered several small transformers across my base from where my power was produced.

44 minutes ago, Reiyuka said:

I find it a little awkward that the large transformer can output 4k but conductive wire can only handle 2k. The small transformer matches regular wire at 1k/1k. How do you guys handle that?

Just use 2 small transformers instead, I'm not joking though.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c6c2a6700255e28a49bee43552590679.png

Archived